What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated pics of our bog garden

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1767.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

DSCN1770.jpg

DSCN1772-1.jpg

DSCN1773-1.jpg

DSCN1775.jpg

Nice!~ Looks like its getting there. In a couple monthes you'll be swarmed in Flytraps and Binatas

I recognize that handwriting...

...it's JoAnn's, huh.

Very nice pictures.

And a Nepenthes, too.

Very, very nice

I cant get pitchers to grow though.

Yup joanns generosity got me a good start!!!

Thanks again joann!!!

as far as the drosera unknown (flowering).....can the seeds be planted once dried out or do they need pollen?

And I almost forgot...a big thanks to everyone on here that helped me out by answering questions, providing ideas and so on!!!
You folks are great!!!

Looks like a regular D. binata to me. They require pollination from another clone, or else seeds are (usually) not viable.

Darn...I guess i need to get another plant!!!!

USMCSKI,

Some of those plants look familar. Hope they adjust well. Just thought you would like to see the conditions they were growing in.

I take it the black pipes a watering point USMCSKI

I was wonder if you peer down it to check the water level.

I did have a strange thought, if you need to know the level inside the soil why not have a smaller plastic tube with a float inside so that when it's poking out the top you know you have maxed water level and too low needs water...

Just a silly thought that popped into my mind I thought I would she with you all lol

Night noddy

dashman very nice indeed mate....

Whats the plant on the left on the second image please.

Wayne

Looks like Drosera filiformis to me, but I can't be sure.

I take it the black pipes a watering point USMCSKI

I was wonder if you peer down it to check the water level.

I did have a strange thought, if you need to know the level inside the soil why not have a smaller plastic tube with a float inside so that when it's poking out the top you know you have maxed water level and too low needs water...

Just a silly thought that popped into my mind I thought I would she with you all lol

Night noddy

Yup...there is a sawed off 5 gallon bucket with pin holes under that pipe. I just add water till I can see it half way up the pipe.....got the Idea off here!!!
You could use a float of some sort but its not necessary.

Thanks, it is nothing compared to some of the other pics I have seen from my fellow growers, but I try.

Yep, that is a filiformis ssp filiformus.

dashman very nice indeed mate....

Whats the plant on the left on the second image please.

Wayne

That green pot I have is the same store bought version. There is a tube sticking out from the soil and a built in reservoir at the bottom that holds about a gallon of water. There is a false bottom with tiny slits to allow water to flow into and out of the soil. It even has a run off built into it so that If I fill it too full it will leak out of the bottom. I thought that was pretty slick. It came with a cap to reduce evaporation, but the kids around these parts have very sticky fingers. It got it at a local nursery. I went to go buy more this year but couldn't find any...

I can go about a week without watering that one outside.

nice pictures guys, have a look at my bog ill make a new thread

Back