Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Grow Chamber

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Whelp, here is the college move-in update on my grow chamber : )

Took your advise growinold and decided to bite the bullet and put a few coats of polyurethane on the entire chamber. The wood should be free of warp for many plants to come.

I upgraded to 8 t8 bulbs. I installed a 4 bulb t8 fixture at the top and tilted 2 other 2 bulb t8 fixtures in the corners. I raised my plants closer to the lights and added some 40watts to the bottom so I can still grow some succulents and tropicals.

The fogger was a big hastle and didnt seem to work for my chamber due to the chamber's size i think. I instead purchased a warm-air humidifier from target for the same price and it has worked wonders! I can keep my tank at 85% humidity all day and all night by simply turning on the humidifier for 20 minutes or so a day (with some tinkering here and there as well of course : )

I finally have a home for all of my neps, they should be acclimated within a couple months hopefully, some are already responding very nicely to the humidity and temps. The temp drops at night are easily achieved by the central air in my apartment, it goes down to about 65 at night(still working out some bugs with keeping temps low at night).

The lights do however make for some hot and stagnant air so I rigged up a couple computer fans to a motherboard/power source positioned at the back of the chamber.

There is still a lot of tinkering and growing left to be done! I welcome any comments and I hope the updates give some ideas to growers in the future.

Grow chamber with a large wandering jew, pineapple, baby stagfern, and various nifty things on top. Below you can see the two levels inside the glass.

Growchamber, you can see the humidifier and my thermostat (neps are on at the top) (and dont judge my humidity percentage the doors were open! haha) edit: eek i need to clean that glass!

As much of the lighting as I could get:

Just a few pics of my neps, cant wait till a few months from now.

And a bonus pic of my chamber on the otherside of the room. My roommate is growing peppers and I have some orchids/various housed in the top chamber.

Of course questions are welcome as well.

Thanks a Lot Everybody,

Southern Caalli.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hope your roommates dont use your growchamber to grow something bad:/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12