What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's growing in here?

Caveat: I'm as green w/ CP's are the stuff growing in this image...

First time trying out plants in a tank and most of the plants have only been in here ~ 2 weeks. I've noticed over the past few days a green algae-like 'stuff' starting to grow. First, what is it, second, is it bad, third, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks much for any advice!

Is that a Nepenthes? I would'nt recommend peat and perlite for a nep, also thats a sign of keeping it wet, which for other cps like sundews and VFT's is OK, But not Nepenthes.

I would use a different mix for your Pitcher plant (a nepenthes) as peat and perlite aren't ideal components for such a plant.

1. It's just algae. 2. Not really. 3. You aren't doing anything wrong. Algae will just pop out anywhere. BUT, peat and perlite isn't exactly the best mix, but some lowland species prefer wetter soils like peat and perlite. What Nepenthes is it?

My bad. I should have spent a few minutes to research a better mix for the Nepenthes. I'm sure I can find some threads on here. I appreciate the input!

Cheers....

Back