What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caster kit source?

Looking to source a caster kit for the "Lowe's 5-Tier Chrome Wire Shelving Unit" that are so popular for Cp plant racks

Anyone have a source?... catalog number?... etc.

Thanks in advance,
Av

Edit: Well nevermind, I just put the shelf together and the feet appear to be standard 5/16" NC thread... common as the day is long, should have my choice of casters

:p

I've picked up racks from both Lowe's and Sam's club and both came with casters and feet- you select which you want to install at time of build. The racks I got from Sam's club did have a considerable higher weight load than the ones at Lowe's though... That being said- I cannot confirm or deny that this is the same brand that I purchased a few years back. I would definitely go down and read the box (or call them to have them go look) I bet that one has them as well.
Andrew

ummm nope on having both... but no biggie,

FWIW, mine are 350lb per shelf capacity :)

"properly distributed" LOL

Hmm Odd... I'll see if I kept mine laying around since I used feet on most of mine. yah, 350 was lowes, Sam's club is 600 IRC
Andrew

Well dang, the sam's unit sounds nice.... but no sam's club for many, many miles..
Went back to Lowe's and they have a decent 500lb, 4" caster kit packaged just for that shelf unit,
Item # 001513 for $21 and change after taxes

(doesnt appear to be listed online)

That will make life much easier down the road IMHO, money well spent

FYI Costo sells the same shelves 18"x48"x 74" (chrome) with 6 tiers and casters for under $100.

For anyone who needs casters for projects, if you have a farm store such as Mills Fleet Farm near by, you can find casters from 1" in size all the way up to big heavy duty ones with 6" wheels. They also carry standard desk chair size caster wheels.

FYI Costo sells the same shelves 18"x48"x 74" (chrome) with 6 tiers and casters for under $100.

Mine are all 6 tiers too, didn't even catch the 5 part in his post. :-X With the option of having them built as 2 half shelves, or 1 full size... (I guess that's why it comes with both feet options?) it'd be odd to have one half with 3 shelves (top bottom middle) and another with 2 shelves haha!

Here is the sams one.. shipping comes up to $48.62. so if you have access to sams card, it may be better to get one with casters and higher weight capacity and have it delivered? http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=168602

Lowe's is about my only option here.... I dont even know where a Costco is and the nearest Sam's club is about 70 miles.

I did find the same shelf at the local Office Depot, but it was about 150 there LOLOLOL

But obviously, it pays to shop around... prices can vary greatly

:crazy:

I have 4 of those casters that I bought with the rack thinking I could use them. But I had to remove them as my vault is height limited.

Let me know if you're still looking for them.

Back