User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The GrowLab GL145 indoor grow enclosure! (Bandwidth intensive!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mktamin View Post
    Woah! That looks really cool! And very nice Nepenthes
    Thanks! I'm hoping to turn this into a grow room for strictly highland Nepenthes, Heliamphora, and Cephalotus. Hopefully the conditions will be conducive to all three.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spectacular setup man!! WOW!! I wish I had something like that. very very nice!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Looks great! Do you cool it off at night? If so, how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Wow! Looks great! Do you cool it off at night? If so, how.
    Here is the dynamic of the setup and it's location.

The GL145 is located in my office in the basement of my house. In the morning, the sun shines through the east window and beams light into the office, and a little bit into the GL145. The temperature rises to about 78F. Once the sun no longer shines through the window, the temperature falls to around 75F and stays in the 70-78F range the rest of the day. Once the lights shut off, the humidity rapidly increases and the temperature falls fairly quickly down to the low 70's. As night progresses and the temperature in the basement drops, the temperature in the GL145 falls down into the mid to low 60's. Come wintertime here in Utah, that temperature will likely dip into the 50's.

So some of the cooling comes from having a basement, a luxury many of you won't have because of water tables or other environmental conditions that preclude you from having a basement. However, other cooling comes from the evaporative cooling of the ultrasonid humidifier mixed with the fresh air that comes in the vents in the bottom and the hot air leaving the ports in the top.

Hopefully that answers your question.

xantius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a nice setup there. Now I might have to look in to trying to make one or just buy one. Maybe if you get a big enough one you can fit a freezer in and have it turn on at night cooling everything down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xantius View Post
    Here is the dynamic of the setup and it's location.

The GL145 is located in my office in the basement of my house. In the morning, the sun shines through the east window and beams light into the office, and a little bit into the GL145. The temperature rises to about 78F. Once the sun no longer shines through the window, the temperature falls to around 75F and stays in the 70-78F range the rest of the day. Once the lights shut off, the humidity rapidly increases and the temperature falls fairly quickly down to the low 70's. As night progresses and the temperature in the basement drops, the temperature in the GL145 falls down into the mid to low 60's. Come wintertime here in Utah, that temperature will likely dip into the 50's.

So some of the cooling comes from having a basement, a luxury many of you won't have because of water tables or other environmental conditions that preclude you from having a basement. However, other cooling comes from the evaporative cooling of the ultrasonid humidifier mixed with the fresh air that comes in the vents in the bottom and the hot air leaving the ports in the top.

Hopefully that answers your question.

xantius
    I have a garage, and my parents turned it into an office. Is that the same as a basement.. as I don't really feel any cool air or anything cool here. No windows too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt View Post
    I have a garage, and my parents turned it into an office. Is that the same as a basement.. as I don't really feel any cool air or anything cool here. No windows too.
    No. A basement is usually at least partially under the soil level, if not totally. This keeps the temps fairly low in there.

BTW, I checked out Xantius's growlab yesterday. I must say I am seriously considering one now. I just need to find the room for it, and somehow convince the mrs. I'm worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing this information about your set-up; very informative!! Your plants certainly seem to like it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast