What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mini-Bog

Looks great!

do you keep your plants outdoors all winter?
looks like Lawn Guy Lind is zone 7..you could possibly do it..maybe..

Scot

First Winter for me with CP's. I plan on keeping them outside throught. If they can survive through Oregon winters I think they'll do just fine in my location. We will have to see, I will be documenting throughout hopefully....

Looks great, and just a heads up we are not aloud to mention any other US vendors outside of flytrapshop.com here, so id edit that post and take out that vendor name ;)
i second valydius, they look like venosa to me.

Thanks for the clarification on the S purperea venosa..

the mountain spendor looks great! next year, i will make a mini-bog with only flava and leuco a circle one and see if it wiil work in winter

He'll probably need to do like WildBill and mulch. The Island is indeed warmer than where we are, but it does freeze. Temps do get as low as 10 F, on occasion, and certainly many times in the 20's. I don't have the statistics but they do seem to be ~5-7 degrees warmer than WNY.

Looks cool.
but is that white stuff in the soil fertilizer?

It doesn't hurt the plants? that's a relief; when I bought a pitcher, It had that stuff in the pot, and I got worried.

Perlite won't hurt the plants. I was told though that you should repot any plants in perlite once a year due to , I believe, the risiing acidity level that perlite causes over time. As long as nothing laced with fertilizer is used, and aeration is good (for Nepenthes), growth should be fine...

looks good for sure :)

I wouldnt worry about the perlite.. i've had things in perlite for years with out problems...

Err...some of my perlite turned brown THEN should I worry?

Back