What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new terrarium

got a new 55gal tank going 2 set up a terr dont have much money for new lights soo if any one has any old lights they dont use or know of a plase of where i can get some it all would great help for me:hail:

$14-20 at almost any hardware store will get you two twin tube 48" shoplight fixtures (4x 40 watt lamps) to fit just right over a 55 gallon. It really can't get much cheaper than that. Someone shipping their old unused lamps to you would likely cost you more in postage.

Wow. A 55 gallon? I always wanted to do a fifty gallon. Never had the money to get one though. Show me some pics when your done making it.

has a small crack in the side but i got it for 30$

If you have a town paper you can often find aquariums for next to nothing. Our towns weekly paper has the "thrifties" section which is anything for under $250. The most popular aquarium listings seem to be 55 gallon tanks with all the water filters, stand and stuff for around $50. Sometimes even the fish are listed to come with it! lol

ill have to check mine

I have a 150 gallon and I have 2 aluminum clamp lamps with compat flourescent light bulbs in them. That's all I have, and my plants are thriving. I have about half of it in water feature, and if it wasn't for that I would have 1 more lamp. They cost about 10 bucks at wal-mart I think.

Back