User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Connecting a WaterMaker Mini outdoors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting a WaterMaker Mini outdoors?

So I have a WaterMaker Mini. It's not perfect, but for $10 off ebay I can't complain.

Unfortunately, the place I'm staying at now does not have that type of faucet. So I find myself in dire straights -- I am suddenly out of water and out of convenient sources of water.

My first idea was to find a way to hook the WaterMaker Mini up outside. Has anyone ever done that? The kitchen sink here has a hole for a second faucet - i.e., soap or a RO filter -- but I'd hate to go that route if I didn't have to, as I'm just renting a room here for a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a clue as to what a Water Maker Mini is (is it R/O?) my ebay search for that name gave me a mist maker thing for a tabletop fountain.

But You should be able to find a sink adapter if you bring the current adapter with you to Home Depot and search for a while. My R/O unit came with an adapter that fits a 1" garden hose faucet so I had to find one that fits a 3/4" kitchen faucet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.watermakermini.com/

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Thought: With winter upon us, getting water thought he outside faucets isn't going to work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen one of those! Very nice and compact. How many gallons per day can you potentially get out of it?

I wonder how long the TFC membrane lasts without having the charcoal and sediment filters in front of it? Supposedly the chlorine in tap water can destroy the R/O membrane and that was the excuse for the charcoal pre-filter on the two or more stage units.

I looked at the website and it instructs you to attach a quick-release valve to the sink adapter, pretty much just like my 3 stage R/O's hook up. Just take the adapter to your hardware store and find an adapter that will make the larger size smaller or vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. The thing comes with a replacement aerator for the faucet that is a quick release. I'm going to try and get an adapter in about 4 hours that will let me hook it up to an outside faucet or hose. So it's 3/4" to 1"?

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Got it hooked up! Lowes had the part, a "SF 0204" from Basscraft. It is marked as "Faucet Aerator, 3/4" Female Hose Thread x 55/64" Female Thread - Chrome."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! At least it's got a quick release so you can just pop it on/off and don't have to leave it outside.

How come you can't get an adapter to hook it up inside? What's wrong with the sink - won't the aerator cap come off? Or is it one of those fancy Moen faucets that doesn't even have a cap? Those are about the most useless faucets there is and they want crazy money for them. I remember shopping for a new faucet for my sink, the kind I needed with the aerator cap for the R/O hookup is the cheapest model out there! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a fancy Moen faucet, yup. Has a detachable head with a hose that you can push a button on and turn into a sprayer thing.

I know if I ever get a house of my own, I'm getting a hard water prefilter for the entire house and a under the sink RO filter.