Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something is wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Ultrasonic humidifiers is they put out everything that is in the water, not just the pure water like others do. Also they don't work unless there is some sort of minerals in the water. Distilled water does not work because it doesn't conduct electricity. I had a friend that used an Ultrasonic one and it left a white residue on the leaves of his plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an ultrasonic humidifier also, it's great to keep humidity up no matter what the temp is. I use RO water in mine, so no residue is left. Also, only some ultrasonic humidifiers need minerals in the water. Some use a float system and work with pure water also (luckily mine is this type).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dollar store option: go to the dollar store, get a spray bottle (for like a buck, at the buck store), spray the holy bejeebuz out of the tank when you put your ice in! Humidity will go up no matter what, AND temps will drop! Seriously, if you're taking the time to ice, then time to mist is minimal.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you have a temperature gradient in your tank (colder areas) you'll see that happen. Reduce the temperature gradients by evenly spacing several bottles in your tank and increase air circulation.

Even without air circulation if you wait long enough as the rest of the air in the tank cools you should see the relative humidity start to rise again.

If you move the humidity sensor next to the bottle you should see that the humidity has increased.

Of course as note previously by others the easiest the to do is add more water vapor to the system.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that you took the hard way to discover the concept behind a dehumidifier...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12