What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shapeable watering hose

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Does anyone know of a product that is a standard watering hose, but if you flex it, it will stay in that shape?

I'm lazy and want to setup some misters but I don't want to spend the time cutting and running pvc all over the place.

Thanks,
Nate
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

How about a roll of that soft flexable copper tubing and some of these? Then you can screw in some .008, .012 or .014 misters... I use the .008, but at lower pressures the .014 would probably be what you're looking for.

There's those segmented types of metal hoses that are used for plumbing under sinks and such. I'm not sure what it's called but I see it all the time.
Is cutting PVC really that much trouble? A wire-loop pipe cutter costs like $3. You'll spend a lot more on specialty hoses.
~Joe

I agree with Joe. PVC isn't that bad, just cut, fit and glue.

I might look into the copper tubing.

Yes, I'm not looking to work with pvc. I do it all the time, but I'm looking for a flexible system. I don't want to spend hours setting it up, only to have the nozzle pointed 1/4" in the wrong direction, then having to redo it. Plus I change my plant arrangement all the time, I'd like to just use my hulk strength to adjust the watering patern on a whim as well.

The sink hoses don't keep shape, but I was looking for a product along those lines.

Thanks for the input.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The problem with copper tubing is that it gets hard and brittle after flexing it a few times.

Back