What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major T5 sale

Received a sale flyer today

Contractorlighting.com
http://www.contractorlighting.com/documents/eluminator_111909.pdf
6 bulb T5 w/4100k bulbs for 119.99$
(or 5000k bulbs for 1$ more per bulb)

Caveat, these are the fixtures I use but this is not any type of endorsement.... just a heads up
Before you jump, do your research.... you will have to deal with their heat.

But IMHO, one hellva good deal!!

Av

Awesome! Have been looking around for a wile.Thanks for the heads up Av

Whoa, looks like I can afford to do the six tube fixtures instead of four. Good looking out Av - thanks a lot!
Their website still says bulbs not included though...
~Joe

I dunno, but the flyer is very clear about it, bulbs included

Call them and confirm when you place the order.... refer back to the sales flyer
Av

cool, could make my plans for using T5 for at least 1 shelf possible. How much do they tend to raise the temperature? I can deal with pretty much any thing during the majority of the year.

Ant,

I have to use muffin fans, the cold spot temp of the 54w T5VHO is 30-35c IIRC, and the center of the bulb is hotter then that

But I also keep my helis within 6" of the bulbs... so it kind of depends on your specific parameters

They run hot, plain and simple :)

Av

I could deal with that most of the year, but do you have any cooling system for summer? I would worry about temps then. My basement usually stays in between the upper 50's to upper 70's all year. If not I suppose I could turn the light off those months and stick the plants under a different shelf.

I have mine in a basement with similar temps... I have muffin fans and humidifier on the same timer as the lights.

When one is on, all are on... I would also recommend that 2 muffin fans be used on two separate power supplies

just for redundancy sake (the engineer in me talking LOL)

If you just use one fan and/or one power supply and it was to fail..... well it wouldnt be pretty

Av

Back