What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if i plant seeds now...

losfreddy

Composter
will they remain dormant and bloom in the spring or be killed by the winter. Remind u it rarley snows where im at.

What seeds? Some seeds don't require stratification. Some plants won't like the winter weather; some will. We need a lot more information. You realize this is the greenhouse/terrarium subforum, right?
~Joe

yeah, i shouldve added that i set up my terrarium with spanguhm moss fill saturated and is ready. its outdoors and going with the weather.

Its intermedia. i was wanting to sprinkle seeds so they will sprout at the beginning of spring.

it lying wait, but im collecting seeds right now

that sounds good to me, but I'm not sure...

sounds good to me, if they sprout early would the temps kill them? If not just plant them as it sounds fine to me.

If it's a common temperate variety, get them outside as soon as possible. D. intermedia can take a Texas winter, no problem. They typically need cold stratification so you'll get a better germination rate if you expose the seeds to the cool outdoor nights. If my experiences with D. intermedia hold, you probably won't see sprouts until the weather starts to warm. If it's the Cuban subtropical strain, they can be grown indoors at room temperature under lights any time.
I would suggest not using the terrarium, especially the way it rains in your area. Pots are simple. Pots are your friend.
~Joe

Back