Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Wood/Vines and Rocks Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea YEA do that, with some more photos . HA! if you do the mistakes i can do the easy stuff. your so innovative guy , like your stuff.
    Thanks jimmy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not the one in the bottom right, the large clump to the right, it goes up the entire right side and makes a left, just as it goes over the rise there are two holes that look like eyes, and then the whole thing looks like some deformed baby trying to crawl away , see it ?? maybe i drink a little too much coffee, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your a viv forum watcher also I am as well, there are tons of threads surrounding making these "fake" rocks etc...

glad to see someone else is interested in it as well, its a good project.be sure to keep us updated I'm planning a similar project.

oh be careful with snakes and stuff, these adhesives are often unsafe for certain animals so be VERY careful that way no one finds out " the hard way "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vivarium forums are great I love naturalistic displays. My own vivs will probably stay plants only unless another animal just happens to appear one day like the Anole did.

Aquarium silicone and Gorilla Glue should be fine for most critters since others are using them with no problems. I'm coating the foam rocks in sand instead of using Grout cos Grout/cement has to be cured underwater/vinegar to get the alkalinity off the set stone. What a hassle!

I'm going to wait on carving any more rocks until I have the HL vivarium construction completed. I want to know the true dimensions I have to work with, how many stones I'll need and what size to make them so everything will fit "just so". No sense doing everything twice! I've glued a few 2" insulation sheets together so I can carve out some nice large 3D stone slabs once I get the frame up.

I just got a huge box of 20 assorted driftwood branches/twigs in the mail today. The seller really outdid herself! I told her to send me an invoice for another lot at least this big of not twice this size if she has it. I can always use it for projects later. Fantastic twiggy pieces that will look great next to the DIY moss branches/vines. I can finally get to work on decorating my sliding front cube!

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fantastic project mate. it will look stellar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12