Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Musical Fertilizer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Neps got subjected to classic metal like Wasp, Manowar and Venom along with newer black metal bands like Emperor, Mystifier ("Goetia" album!) and Dimmu Borgir and of course dark ambient keyboardy weirdness of Beherit, Brighter Death Now and early Mortiis (before he was techno :P).

I wanted to interview Lars Ulrich so bad when he was doing the whole anti-Napster thing. A decade or so earlier when Metallica started he promoted "tape trading" in all kinds of interviews in mags like Power Metal and Metal Forces. I still have these mags in my garage in boxes. Tape Trading is kids taping their fave hard to find metal records and sending or giving it it to their friends.... I fail to see how that was any different than Napster (or You Tube)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I wanted to interview Lars Ulrich so bad when he was doing the whole anti-Napster thing. A decade or so earlier when Metallica started he promoted "tape trading" in all kinds of interviews in mags like Power Metal and Metal Forces. I still have these mags in my garage in boxes. Tape Trading is kids taping their fave hard to find metal records and sending or giving it it to their friends.... I fail to see how that was any different than Napster (or You Tube)....
    Bunch of hypocrites!!!

I stopped listening to them after Load came out, I like him better when he was an alcoholic. That was music.

Do the right thing and buy cd's(or mp3 DL's), piracy () will (and is) kill(ing) the music industry.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find my old Cernunnos Woods project music online for illegal MP3 download for $0.10 per song on a site called "legalsounds.com" !
    I don't care about that old stuff, I just find it funny that they're selling a download, claiming it's legal and I never authorized it. The titles are off by 1 track too not to mention the best track from the CD isn't even up...

Don't bother listening to it though, it really is musical "fertilizer" being recorded 15 years ago on a cheap Tascam and using old-fashioned Yamaha synths! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do a mix of piracy and buying from iTunes. 70% of all the music i have is from friends albums that i have borrowed.

on a side note, Load sucked. so did 80% of Reload. Death Magnetic sucked and Garage Inc. was so so. Kill em All was epic, Ride the Lighting was awesome, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All were also great. Metallica(aka the Black Album) was mixed for me. the Unforgiven I is probably one of their best songs(the other two sucked..) and ive already put my views on St. Anger, Load and Reload. i also find it funny how drastically Hetfield's voice changed from Ride the Lighting to Master of Puppets.

enough about Metallica... haha. and yes.... Dave Mustain is a much better guitarist than Kirk Hammett. haha

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Mustain is a much better guitarist than Kirk Hammett.
    But much snottier! Nobody is snottier than "guitar god" Yngwie Malmsteen though. I've seen him abandon two different backup bands without a ride here in Minneapolis! LOL

I still enjoy those first 4 Metallica LPs. I actually rode the Metallica skateboards made by Zorlac Skates (1986-1990) with skull art by Pushead when I was a kid and limber enough to recover from skating injuries quickly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the topic my plants listen to:
    wbtz 99.9 the buzz (alternative-rock)
    my playlist consists of(in no particular order):
    metallica(while we're 'on-topic', the 'older albums')
    disturbed
    AFI
    NIN
    Slipknot
    hehe, Rage Agaisnt the Machine
    Dave Matthews Band
    Matthew Good
    Bad Religion
    Avenged Sevenfold
    nofx
    Rancid
    Incubus
    Jimmy Eat World
    Godsmack
    Atreyu
    Flyleaf
    Seether

I see no changes in growth based on music, but eh, that's my opinion...
    I could imagine sound waves to be similar to a massage, if blasted real loud. I assume(including heavy metal), hip-hop, rap, R&B, LOL and drum and base for sure would have an effect over softer music. What they(mythbusters) sould have tested was between lower/higher frequencies, subwoofer vs tweeter...
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    i think they should redo the experiment again...as you remember they did run into a significant hiccup while running the experiment. maybe it was because of the high frequency of beats perhaps? moved the soil around so roots could grow faster? anybody want to experiment using drum and bass?
    yes the water system failed but regardless when they did the measurements they found that the death metal plants were far better in size produce etc. Why I can't say because I dont know.
    And to answer all of your questions I dont remember but i know it was even harder than Lamb of God. so not Disturbed, Nickleback etc etc
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Plants and Music/talking episode:

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMiVNPXR5qw

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsbM9LxPAk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast