Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uhhh...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Uhhh...?

Ok as many of you know I'm coming home from tour in July-ish area (YAY!! ) and will be able to start my collection again. But in order to protect my plants from my future roommate and others wild and crazy MPs I've decided to get a terrarium (which I'm sure will grow to more than one). So doing some research I found this place: http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=3 I was wondering what your thoughts are on this. Suggestions, ideas whatever! I haven't made up my mind just getting ideas on where to get my future Terrarium. Thanks everyone!
    BB (nickname)
    P.S. I also found they have T-5 bulbs. Could those specific bulbs be used for CPs?
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad price-wise. But even if you aren't going to fill it to the top with water, it might not be bad to get an aquarium that's designed to handle it. You're going to keep your plants pretty moist, so it will probably need to hold roughly 20%-33% of its volume in water. If you've got the time to look into it, craigslist will be cheaper. Have you seen swords' recent DIY threads?
    ~Joe

PS - I was going to say welcome home but that's still slightly premature. And T5s are only good if you get the high output (HO) ones; four-foot HO tubes burn 54 watts. There's also VHO (v for very) and those are like 80 or 90 something. Not sure about the wattage for shorter tubes, but ordinary four-foot T5s burn like 9 watts. I don't think it's that they're dim, but that they have a more sparse spectrum that is only good for seeing and not for photosynthesis. (I'm pretty sure they're the same as those ugly bluish lights you see at retail stores.)
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe
    yes i have (very impressive btw swords if you're reading this!) and that's also partially what got me looking into a tall aquarium so small viney neps could grab the artificial branches as a support.
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you get back hit me up for some plants. Active duty = a special price on plants. Plant + shipping + taxes should run you around $0 .
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought of making your own terrarium out of plywood, glass, epoxy paint, and silicon? You could even build it as a front-opening vivarium. And T-5's will work fine for CPs; however, their effective range is less than HID. There are wide variety of T-5 bulbs available. The output spectrum of each kind of bulb will vary dramatically.

-Hermes.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i havent thought about that Hermes... How would one do that?

And droseraguy I just may do that...but I'll feel guilty for not paying for anything...
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's take it out in trade. Right or Wrong (everyone hold your tounges), you do a good job over there so I don't have to and I'll swap you some plants ! Doubtful that I have enough but I'll see what I can scrounge.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistAdam View Post
    No i havent thought about that Hermes... How would one do that?
    It's not that hard really. You build the walls of your terrarium out of plywood and screws, then waterproof it by using silicone on the seams and painting the interior with with the epoxy paint. You can install a glass pane in the front wall fastened with rust-resistant metal fixtures and silicone or you can put the front window on sliding rails (vivarium style). You can make a terrarium like this almost any size for minimal cost.

-Hermes.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast