User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2, 4 6, 8 how many T5s will plants appreciate?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, I recognize that they're common. I just don't know all that lingo; it can sometimes be hard to get people at stores to help you find stuff if you don't know what to call it. Thanks.
    I spent an awful (but rewarding) nine months working on a computer science paper with little to no prior work to guide my research, only to find that I'd simply been looking for the wrong mathematical buzzwords while searching journals. #!@$% ...Damn you, ontology!

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Will you have your plants and T5s separated by plexiglass or glass?
    I have this urge to build an air curtain for it, but that's not going to happen any time soon with the way my schedule has been lately. I think I'll just use a small or slow fan to blow some of the hot air away, closer to the lights than the plants. As per Av's recommendation, I'll probably have about two feet of distance from my Neps, so I don't think too much heat will reach them.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Av8tor is that a Mist King pump? I've been wondering how loud they actually are. I'll bet if that hose was taped down it'd be almost totally silent.

I was going to order a misting setup in December but the owner Marty told me to hold off since he's got an all new model coming out early this year which is supposed to be more powerful than their old ones.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, its the older version
    and the contractorlighting.com fixture reflector is one assembly (but each bulb has its own reflector section)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks despite that rattling line it does sound very quiet. There's kind of a rain sound which I like a lot! Does your pal Use a 5gallon pail as his feed water reservoir or something else I can't tell. Did you ever setup yours?

After I asked I did find the MDS/diagram on that contractor light and did see it does have an angled reflector around each bulb. You use yours inside the tank with the plants do you not? Have you tried them ontop of plexiglass to see how much plexi or lexan cuts out the heat from the bulbs? Using your light meter did you see if it actually cut much light to use them over clean/dust free glass?

I've seen on some ebay ads that they are claiming that 6 T5s equals/surpasses a 400W metal halide in lumen output.
    One ad states: "400W MH = 25,000 Lum / 6x HOT5s = 35,000 Lum"

This sounds great but I had a 400W MH over my old lowland shower stall and it was one hot hombre! It was fine for the LL but I would have seen my HL burst into flames with it. Are T5s comparable in heat to a 400W MH?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12