Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I guess I need to look for that one now :P
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    Pure. Envy.

I, too, really like the Pings. Is that P. moctezumae in the top row, second from right in that first picture? If so, I wish mine looked like that! What mix do you keep it in? How do you water it?

Someday, I'll have a greenhouse. Someday. ;p
    I used to be totally inept at keeping pings. Now, I'm just bad. One of the things I did is changed the formulation of the medium. I switched to an almost nepenthes-like mixture but without bark or peat. The medium consists of: milled sphagnum, perlite and a little bit of lava rock. My success at keeping pings has gone up significantly but I still tend to have some deaths during the winter.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    I used to be totally inept at keeping pings. Now, I'm just bad. One of the things I did is changed the formulation of the medium. I switched to an almost nepenthes-like mixture but without bark or peat. The medium consists of: milled sphagnum, perlite and a little bit of lava rock. My success at keeping pings has gone up significantly but I still tend to have some deaths during the winter.
    I definitely need to get my moctezumae out of my minibog. It's 1:1 peat:perlite and always has an inch of water a few inches down from the substrate level. It did well for a while, but it's clearly in decline. I think I'll actually pull it out tonight and put it in a pot in my grow rack. I'm thinking something like 1:1:1 peat : perlite : vermiculite. Maybe a bit of lava rock as well. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do for the flooring, misting, and shelving in my outdoor GH. I forget, are you sporting cobblestone as your ground cover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I actually have indoor/outdoor carpet (the green stuff). It looks cheap and it's probably one step above having bare particle board or dirt soil. If I had to do it again, I would have small pebbles in there.
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean fake grass? That's what I have for my indoor GH to keep the carpets clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brokken,

Love your set up. If I may ask, is your greenhouse a Rion? If so what model did you get? I am looking at getting one just like it but was wondering with the width only being 8', is it o.k.? The one I was looking at is 8' x 16' - the Rion HG-16 to be exact. Would really appreciate it if you can tell me your thoughts on it and if there is any downsides to it. It looks very solid and seems would hold the humidity perfect inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel143 View Post
    Hi Brokken,

Love your set up. If I may ask, is your greenhouse a Rion? If so what model did you get? I am looking at getting one just like it but was wondering with the width only being 8', is it o.k.? The one I was looking at is 8' x 16' - the Rion HG-16 to be exact. Would really appreciate it if you can tell me your thoughts on it and if there is any downsides to it. It looks very solid and seems would hold the humidity perfect inside.
    Hey Joel,

Mine was relatively easy to assemble and should work in temperate-warm conditions. For something in colder weather, you probably want something a little more substantial. I got the complete 8 x 8 model which gives me plenty of room to house two rows of tables on either side of it and give you plenty of walking room. A table in the middle could be done, but that would be pushing it. It's really meant to leave a wide isle in the middle.
    -Rubén Darío-