What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohhhhh Bokehlicious :)

Amazing as always.

Always great to see pics from you. The weather must just be perfect your Nepenthes about now.

I love the N. maxima x campanulata, but I'm wondering are you sure that is what it is? I have one from Wistuba and the tag reads N. campanulata x maxima. Not like it is that big of a deal, just wondering if you really do have the reverse cross or maybe one of ours is mislabeled.

Always great to see pics from you. The weather must just be perfect your Nepenthes about now.

I love the N. maxima x campanulata, but I'm wondering are you sure that is what it is? I have one from Wistuba and the tag reads N. campanulata x maxima. Not like it is that big of a deal, just wondering if you really do have the reverse cross or maybe one of ours is mislabeled.

Wistuba does indeed make campanulata x maxima, but also Sam Estes made a maxima x campanulata cross. The campy x maxima retains campy traits when it grows larger while the maxima ends up being more just like a plain maxima when it gets bigger.

max x campy
P2120046.jpg

campy x max
PC090009.jpg

Oh sweet! Of course you would know, Thez. :p

Thanks for the info, that appears to be a perfect example of the difference that having the mother and father roles reversed can have.

Really nice plants! That 'Atlanta Giant' is awesome! And great looking hamata too :-D

Tje: That particular one was a trade that I did with Nep101.

Thez: Yes, as it grows the pitchers are becoming elongated like lowii. The max x campy came from Sam Estes. It was the only plant that I kept from the order Jeff and I made for the SBCPS. I certainly like the look of campy more than that of the maxima, so it's a shame that as the plant gets bigger it'll take after Maxima. Looking at the two pics you posted, I prefer the look of the campy x max more than the reverse.

Mass: It came from Exotica. In typical bad record keeping, I may have transposed the parents. If you know for a fact that this is prolly lowii x trunc, I will correct my mistake.

Tony: That is a fairly typical S. flava var. rubricorpora. But I'm glad you like it. :)

AV: Indeedy. :) Taken with a micro-four thirds 25mm (50mm equivalent) 2.4 exposure. I hope one day to understand cameras as well as you do. :)

Dex: It was labeled maxima x camp from Sam Estes. According to Thez, he's made that cross too, so it's likely right.

Thanks for the kudos, JB, Amph, C12, CreatureTom and iWest. :)

Tje: That particular one was a trade that I did with Nep101

Oh sorry,What I meant was, is it seed grown, or a clone? If it is a clone where did it originate?

Thanks ;)

Oh sorry,What I meant was, is it seed grown, or a clone? If it is a clone where did it originate?

Thanks ;)

Ah, gotcha.

It's not seedgrown, no. I'm 90% sure it's a clone, but I don't know its provenance as it came to me second-hand.

I know nothing factual of your plants except what you tell us buddy.
But as far as I can tell, EP doesn't offer truncata x lowii. Though they do offer lowii x truncata wide, squat, and once upon a time, straight up lowii x truncata. Which we all drool over every time Boris has something to say.

Tony: That is a fairly typical S. flava var. rubricorpora. But I'm glad you like it. :)

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot but the lids look very different from any of my flava. Definitely a great looking plant, typical or otherwise. :-O

Some general GH pics:

cp-may2012-greenhouse001.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse007.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse002.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse003.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse004.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse005.jpg

cp-may2012-greenhouse006.jpg

Attachments

• cp-may2012-greenhouse001.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse001.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
  • cp-may2012-greenhouse002.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse002.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 21
  • cp-may2012-greenhouse003.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse003.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 24
  • cp-may2012-greenhouse004.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse004.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 17
  • cp-may2012-greenhouse005.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse005.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 21
  • cp-may2012-greenhouse006.jpg
    cp-may2012-greenhouse006.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
:drool: I love your place!!!

Man that's one greenhouse :D beautiful!

Wow! Everything looks amazing! What percent shade cloth are you using?

Very warm and inviting place Brok. Great display of superb growing as always!

Well.. it's official. I can never visit your home. You'd never get me out of that GH.. or the pool.

Some fish-eye wide angle shots of the GH:

cp-jun2012-gh001.jpg

cp-jun2012-gh002.jpg

cp-jun2012-gh003.jpg

very cool!

nice Brokken--and glad to see everything growing so well for you! which heliamphora do you have that's smack dab in the middle of the last photo? looks beastly!

Back