What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh, wow :drool:
Everything is so gorgeous!!

woah! Nice heli flowers!! are you going ot try and pollinate them with a different heli if you have any others that are flowering?

I got other flower spikes from the same plant, but it's not likely that I'll be pollinating. Heli seeds take forever to germinate and grow and it's not as if the end result is all that different than the parents.

Some of the unsung plants in my greenhouse:

Cephalotus (regular form):
cp-dec2010-ceph001.jpg

P x 'Tina':
cp-dec2010-tina001.jpg

P x 'Titan':
cp-dec2010-titan001.jpg

P. moctezumae:
cp-dec2010-moctezumae001.jpg

P. moranensis:
cp-dec2010-moranensis001.jpg

D. macrophylla:
cp-dec2010-macro001.jpg

Some newcomers:

N. lowii x truncata:
cp-dec2010-lowiixtrunc001.jpg

N. truncata x spectabilis:
cp-dec2010-truncxspect001.jpg

N. veitchi 'striped':
cp-dec2010-veitchiistriped001.jpg

N. izumiae x trusmadiensis:
cp-dec2010-izxtm001.jpg

N. truncata x veitchii:
cp-dec2010-truncxveitchii001.jpg

struggling with pings my ARSE! :lol:

woah! I didn't knwo there was a truncata x spectabilis hybrid! It looks nice!!

Those are some absolutely magnificent stunners you have there :love:

Thanks Liz. :)

Amph: Ever since switching to a mostly reconstituted sphagnum moss, perlite open mixture they have not been as daunting. :)

Devon: I also have the reverse: spectabilis x trunc. Seems to take more after truncata though in all honesty, it's only JUST starting to develop pitchers so we'll see how it looks once it puts out decent pitchers.

do you tightly compact the moss to flatten it down? it seems to me like the pings wouldnt really come in contact with the moss since they have such a fragile loose root structure, and their leaves dont allow you to wrap sphag around the plant like i would with neps.

All such beautiful plants. Especially that Truncata x Spectabilis and that N. izumiae x trusmadiensis. Now I'm going to have to eventually pick up a Truncata x Spectabilis, LOL. That is unless my Female Truncata flowers soon and I get some Spectabilis pollen for her, LOL.

Anyways, All your plants look great.

:0o: now I know what to look forward to in a couple years I 'spose..

Just stunning as usual Brokken, thanks for sharing!

N. izumiae x trusmadiensis. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. :drool:

Thez: Thanks! I can't wait to see your neps once they start putting on some growth. :)

Reaper: Oh yes. You should see it live. It's amazingly dark and beautiful. Like my muluensis x lowii on steroids.

Another one to add to my want list, LOL.

Right now, not too much is pitchering. The highlanders however are growing nicely! Here are some winter pitchers:

Species:

N. singalana:
cp-dec2010-singalana001.jpg

N. copelandii
cp-dec2010-copelandii001.jpg

N. aristolochioides:
cp-dec2010-aristo001.jpg

N. veitchii var. 'Bario':
cp-dec2010-veitchiibario001.jpg

Hybrids:

N x spectabilis x truncata:
cp-dec2010-spectxtrunc001.jpg

N x lowii x campanulata (larger plant):
cp-dec2010-lowxcamp001.jpg

N x lowii x campanulata (colorful plant):
cp-dec2010-lowxcamp002.jpg

N x muluensis x lowii:
cp-dec2010-mulxlow001.jpg

N x (ventricosa x aristolochioides) x truncata:
cp-dec2010-ventxaristoxxtrunc001.jpg

Last edited:
that first one isn't singalana, i don't think.. ;)
but everything else is looking marvelous as always! :-D

that first one isn't singalana, i don't think.. ;)
but everything else is looking marvelous as always! :-D

Thanks. I just copied the HTML over from another entry and forgot to modify it. It's all correct now.

There we go :love:

Awesome muluensis x lowii, what's the care like for that plant? I might have to make that hybrid a part of my collection.

Awesome muluensis x lowii, what's the care like for that plant? I might have to make that hybrid a part of my collection.

It's pretty nice. The pitchers last forever and a day. It's also very hardy in hot weather despite being a cross between two highlanders. The only drawback is the glacially slow pace at which it grows - at least for me.

Awesome, whats the highest day temps you experience? Humidity, lights, mix? Thanks in advance.

Back