What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider on inside of tropical setup

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture-1.jpg

I have no idea how it got there!

Looks like a type of 'jumping spider'. Most winters I have one patrolling the office for the random fungus gnat or other small critters I'm not aware of. When I have a minute, I'd offer him a WFF & see him in attack mode. They're pretty impressive. Of course, then I imagine what would happen if I was the size of the WFF ... :0o:

Sadly, this is the 1st year in quite a few that none have appeared. :cry:

cool looking spider! Like a mini tarantula.
I watched a jumping spider trying to get a fly one time but it wasn't fast enough. The fly kept coming back to the same spot after each attack.

Ron, Would ya like mine?

Competition for the plants! Those things always move so fast, they give me the creeps... Check out those fangs btw, nice shot Jim!

Return of the spider:

Picture002-9.jpg

Sweet, a mini T! The second image isn't the same spider though is it? I don't see any bristles.

I caught a small gray spider with orange spots on it's rump and put it in the Anoles viv but haven't seen it since. I suppose the Anole had dinner. LOL

That's a cute lil' spider!

I once watched a small jumping spider catch a housefly twice it's size. She jumped, caught, bit and hung on. That was quite a wrestle!

I don't think it's the same one. I haven't a clue as to what type it is. Any ideas?

It's a boy! Both are. I've wondered how on earth bugs find our plants. It's the middle of winter here, haven't seen bugs in months, and yet I still somehow had pests on my plants suddenly. Sly little buggers. Yep, they'll outlast us.

Thankfully, I don't have roaches!

Back