Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grow box, pics, need help..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good man, remember N. gracilis is a lowlander and the others are HL. You shouldnt have a prob with the N. vent but im not sure about the other, good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mirrors IN! and INWARD! you want to reflect and trap the most light possible. canadian stuff would be good for the outdoor CPs, since it breaks down and turns into peat.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    Mirrors IN! and INWARD! you want to reflect and trap the most light possible. canadian stuff would be good for the outdoor CPs, since it breaks down and turns into peat.
    bummer.. it's prettier the other way. Oh well, I'll do whatever it takes. Any idea what I can use for the front and back of this thing. And remember.. it's got to be laying around the property somewhere. lol

So save the Canadian stuff for the Sarracenia and flytrap bog I plan on building?

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can find some mylar, you can tape it to the back of the mirrors and face them out the way you want.
    You can cover the back with mylar if you find it. No need to cover the front.

Although the NZ and Chilean sphagnum is nice, I've used the Canadian for Neps with zero problems. It takes years for it to break down enough to cause any harm.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    If you can find some mylar, you can tape it to the back of the mirrors and face them out the way you want.
    You can cover the back with mylar if you find it. No need to cover the front.

Although the NZ and Chilean sphagnum is nice, I've used the Canadian for Neps with zero problems. It takes years for it to break down enough to cause any harm.
    I decided to use insulation to cover the back and go mirrors in. Now I just have to cover the back with foil..

And trust me.. with a 2 year old AND a cat, there's more than enough reason to cover the front.

pS.. that's "A 1000 Ways To Die" on the tv. The junkyard poker cheat get's crushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good and good luck!

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And trust me.. with a 2 year old AND a cat, there's more than enough reason to cover the front.
    Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if you were only doing it because you thought it would improve humidity or something.

Also, if it's tin foil your talking about, it's reflectivity isn't very good. Don't waste your time or precious sandwich preservation material using it for this.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if you were only doing it because you thought it would improve humidity or something.

Also, if it's tin foil your talking about, it's reflectivity isn't very good. Don't waste your time or precious sandwich preservation material using it for this.
    no.. just a 2 year old boy that has "grab everything in site and run away with it" syndrome..

I heart sandwiches.. so I'll save the foil. I did find a 3nd mirror in the far back shed though.

I'll probably draw a killer mural on the front of the insulation to make it more appealing to the eye. Pink isn't really my color..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast