Not sure how many Ts I will get. For now I'm just gonna get a couple permanent tanks setup for the two I have, one horizontal desert tank and this vertical forest one. I will be setting up 3 more verticals since 4x 10 gallon verts will fit under a 4 ft fixture but I haven't made a firm decision what may be going in them, other than plants of course!
I found a great Mantid Forum so I will be getting some of my most coveted mantid species shortly to go into those 1.5 gallon candy jar terrariums. If all goes well perhaps I can share some exotic flower mantid nymphs with you guys next year.
Sorry we've hijacked your post swampy!
I was looking at your post and have to say the tank looks great. I have a couple smaller tanks that I have been thinking about doing that to for growing my orchids as well as some CPs. I do have a couple of questions.
1) Is the top of your tank still open or did you seal it up?
2) When you put the track on the front was there a lot of overhang?
3) Is the track showing any signs of stress with the glass in it without support?
If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
1. Yes, currently the top is open. I have a 4' 4 bulb t5 the covers most of the opening though.
2. You cut the track to length. Then again, are you talking overhang to the left and right of the tank or out forward?
3. No issues at all. Between having the glass slightly rounded and coating it in a bit of wax, it slides cleanly. The top support pane that I initially thought might be an issue -due to the length and limited adhesion area- is also looking good.