Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: grow box: HELP!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have the problem solved.. at least the wood shelf won't get wet anymore.

Two trash bags tied and taped over the wood shelf, then wrapped in plastic. Thick insulation over the shelf, raised on one end. Tilted plastic drainage "system" () on the low end running to a plastic water basin. Which I can empty when needed. I tested the plastic above with a full glass of water.. and.. SUCCESS!! Not a single drop was lost on the way down to the basin. Let's see how long this lasts..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember though that plastic materials get all brittle and worn down when exposed to lots of light, and humidity. it's a temporary solution, i'd suggest finding a better solution in the mean time.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    remember though that plastic materials get all brittle and worn down when exposed to lots of light, and humidity. it's a temporary solution, i'd suggest finding a better solution in the mean time.
    yes sir.. I'm planning on going plexi-glass by this time next month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like you arent using plastic trays under all your pots..if not, why not?
    are you allowing the water to simply drain out into the towel?

I would just get a plastic tray for every pot..very cheap and solves the problem..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with scottychaos! Trays will help a lot. It's ok to have a little water sitting in a shallow tray. Your board is still going to warp and mold even wrapped in plastic! I still think your humidifier is going to much! Untill you can seal the whole thing properly your going to continue to have leaks! I have a hard time believing your tray will "catch" all the water being created in your chamber. The misters I use run a lot but it is not enough to water the plants. I still top water all my plants. The humidifier is really only to raise the humidity in the chamber not to water the plants. You will continue to battle mold with that high of humidity all the time. You may even get plant molds that could kill your plants.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    It looks like you arent using plastic trays under all your pots..if not, why not?
    are you allowing the water to simply drain out into the towel?

I would just get a plastic tray for every pot..very cheap and solves the problem..

Scot
    It doesn't solve much of anything. Earlier I stated a couple times that the watering comes from a ultrasonic fogging humidifier. When the fog settles.. it's everywhere, not just the pots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    It doesn't solve much of anything. Earlier I stated a couple times that the watering comes from a ultrasonic fogging humidifier. When the fog settles.. it's everywhere, not just the pots.
    watering cps by means of fog mist? hey i like your concept!
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantea View Post
    watering cps by means of fog mist? hey i like your concept!
    It works just fine for me.. It's a lot of fog and it's a small chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Frilleon View Post
    I have a hard time believing your tray will "catch" all the water being created in your chamber.
    Well, bite your tongue.. because it's catching a LOT!! Darn thing is almost full already. In either case, I went to my father's today. His house is like a one stop shop for anything and everything I may ever need.
    I picked up a large plexiglass chamber, a couple more 24" light fixtures, some computer fans for inside the chamber, a BUNCH of egg crating!!, and a large fold out table to set it on. I'll start assembly tomorrow, with pics of course.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast