Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravity Fed Drip Irrigation System

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile: I had though about using a submersible pump but was afraid that due to the number of splits I would need to water all the plants, I'd need a pricey pump. I do like that idea though as it'd save me the trouble of rigging up a whole in a container and fitting a faucet end to it to attach my timer. Has it been your experience that the pump is able to distribute pressure evenly through all the outlets?

Hotrod: Thanks for the link. I found that timer as well and thought it was perfect until I read the part where it says up to 7 days. Don't know why they make something that you have to reset every week. Most of the other timers require no less than 10 psi, I'm wondering if that's attainable once the water level starts to get low? That's 0 pressure one would have been perfect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what they're indicating is that you can have different settings for each of 7 days (every day of the week). Sort of like how my thermostat can be set for different temperatures on different days of the week. I think at the end of the 7 days it would just start the cycle over. Sounds like it would work. You might want to check with the supplier to be sure though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only ever rigged up a small drip system with an aquarium pump so I don't know how big a pump you would need. In my case it was a very small one, such as those used for small indoor ornamental water features. Remember that a drip system is low pressure, as the ends are open and you don't need a high flow rate so you might not need a very big pump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian View Post
    I think what they're indicating is that you can have different settings for each of 7 days (every day of the week).
    This is the part where I go DUUUUUUHHHHHH Thanks for clearing that up!

If I were to go with a submersible pump I think this one would be pretty nice seeing as it comes with some tubing.
    http://www.amazon.com/Submersible-Fo...f=pd_sim_ol_20

Still looking for a timer though that let's me regulate seconds or minutes at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F R e N c H 3 z View Post
    Hotrod: Thanks for the link. I found that timer as well and thought it was perfect until I read the part where it says up to 7 days. Don't know why they make something that you have to reset every week. Most of the other timers require no less than 10 psi, I'm wondering if that's attainable once the water level starts to get low? That's 0 pressure one would have been perfect...

No, 7 days means that you can program each day of the week different. Up to 9 times a day. You can't program one Sunday different than the next Sunday, but each day of the week can be either none or up to 9 times a day. Every Monday will be the same. Every Tuesday will be the same; and so on.

Hotrod30

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12