Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Experiment

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth be told, I haven't tested the water, from a chemical perspective. We are very close to Cazenovia Creek, so I think that's it's source. As to debris... there are 13 apartment buildings here, with 8 apartments in each. Humans are dirty creatures. I collect the water from the outfall and have been watering my plants on the porch for the past several weeks, with no reaction. In other words, I'm taking a chance, based upon the vegetation from the bog itself. Yes, it's questionable. But so far so good!

The Ceph is at the top, in the middle. There are Ceph leaves in the Heli pot. One is red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    The Ceph is at the top, in the middle. There are Ceph leaves in the Heli pot. One is red.
    ok, I see it now..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just checking on the setup this morning and found the container overturned. I am missing two pots, one of the with a D. macarantha tuber and the Hummer. All else was salvageable. I can't tell whether it was criiters, people, or natural disaster. I am not a happy camper right now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked on the bog container and found my Heli uprooted. It's looking more and more like critters are stealing the LFS and making a mess. What really burns me is that I lost all of the D. macrantha tubers, scattered about and the Cephalotus is nowhere to be found. The D. regia looked like it had a little green on it but when I went to add more media I accidentally broke off what appeared to be new growth. I disbanded the whole project and disseminated the surviving plants - the 2 cobra lilys, the Heli, and the U. alpina. That was maddening!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

The tequila is a hardy species, but just to be safe you might want to soak her for a day,
    Sorry to hear about the critter attacks, and the missing HG

Here, I have probs with birds getting my live sphag for nesting and raccoons digging for water during dry spells
    (I started putting out pans of water during those periods, that seemed to solve the problem)

Butch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do. That bog is like a magnet for activity when I'm not looking. The porch generally doesn't get messed with, even though it's clearly outside. I think there are actually 2 Helis. Do they divide often or easily?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No heli is really bad but tequila's are very easy to divide, the don't form the dense clump some species do... I made a post sometime back on dividing helis, just read it and go for it... its very easy Jim

Av

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12