Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Setup for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Setup for now

Hey everyone,

Well here it is, my currently small setup and plants that go along with it. I also have another two shop fixtures that will be set up once the seeds I have going are done stratifying.

You can check my grow list for whats in there exactly.

I had a question about the Drosera I currently have.

The D. Adelea and D. Scorpiodes seem to be doing great. The dew all but dried up on both my D. Capensis but the new growth on the D. Capensis "Red" seems to have dew on it again, the D. Capensis typical doesn't seem to be producing any dew on old or newer growth...not sure whats going on here.

The Nep, Sar and Ping I got from Death Cubes at Lowes this last weekend, someone mentioned that the Sar is probably a Scarlet Belle. Anyone have any idea on the Nep and Ping?

Lastly, the nub of a plant I have is a VFT. When it arrived I took it out of the packaging and I think the leaves dehydrated and died. The root still looked good though and now a week or so later a little shoot came up...glad I didn't get rid of it.
    _________

-Josh Gertz
    Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More light and higher humidity will help the dews. Always seems to work for me anyways.. More light the better though. Good rule of thumb.. And as far as the nep, it's most likely an N. ventricosa.
    Your off to a great start though. Good looking collection..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everything looks like it should be fine in there but the Sarra, the sarra should be outside in full sun
    try and lower that fixture down to the top of the tank for more light and get some mylar around the sides

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what I do is put something under the plants to raise them up to the lights. In my case, the fixtures are longer than the tank itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    More light and higher humidity will help the dews. Always seems to work for me anyways.. More light the better though. Good rule of thumb.. And as far as the nep, it's most likely an N. ventricosa.
    Your off to a great start though. Good looking collection..
    Yeah I just set them in the terrarium on Saturday so hopefully the increase in humidity will help them a bit. I'm thinking that the typical Capensis is still acclimating itself, there is so much new growth on it though its just strange that it isn't producing dew while all the rest are.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    everything looks like it should be fine in there but the Sarra, the sarra should be outside in full sun
    try and lower that fixture down to the top of the tank for more light and get some mylar around the sides
    I wish I could put the Sar outside but I'm sure the 110+ degree weather here in Phoenix would be too much for them. Maybe Ill go pick up another one and try it to see how it does. Ill drop the light the inch or so to the top...I also have the option of using a smaller tupperware box that could get the lights about 6 inches from the top rather than the 10 inches it is now.

I was going to spray glue some mylar to some foamboard and place them along the sides...need some more cash though.
    _________

-Josh Gertz
    Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another thing I do is fill the bottom of the tank with water (or moist/wet LFS) and use a plexi-glass lid ont he tank to raise the humidity up. Works like a charm..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess the nep to be a sanguinea. ventricosa doesn't have 'wings'. My sang looked very close to what you have there when it was younger.

Dew will be more present when in proper lighting, lower light levels and the plants won't produce as much dew. Humidity will affect the plant initially, but once acclimated, dew should be present in lower RH.

The sarr should be classified as S. Wrigleyana, Scarlet belle is a specific type of Wrigleyana. People often mistake the two.

The ping could be primuliflora. Or that other southern american native ping that looks a lot like it.
    Last edited by blokeman; 06-14-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup
    Btw, how do you post pictures like that? (what bb code)
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

<Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast