Thread: What to do, what to do. . .

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to do, what to do. . .

Good News Everyone!

So, today my 10 gallon aquarium started to show signs of a leak. In most cases I would cry, except I have been wanting a larger terrarium for a while. (Currently I have a 2.5 gallon, only holds like three plants, four tops.)

So I decided to spend an Alexander Hamilton on a brand new tank tomorrow so I don't have to go through all of the pain of patching the leak and leaving my fish displaced for 24 hours while it sets.

So I was looking for a few suggestions and cool ideas for my new terrarium, I was thinking mainly tropical CPs (like some Utrics, Pings, etc.) as all of my others (mostly North American) are in my windowsill setup.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To that, I would say "Ask Swords".
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second what clue said. send him a pm if he doesnt pop in here.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure exactly what you are looking for but right now I'm growing D. adelae, D. binata, D. capensis, D. spatulata, P. moctezumae, N. ventricosa (not waterlogged) and VFTs (will be removed for dormancy) in my 10 gallon under 2x26w daylight CFLs. Have about an inch of RO water and all seem to be doing better every day.

I've seen tons of different stuff grown in terrarium style setups...various dews, neps, pings, utrics. I'd say basically stay away from temperate species.

I'm still new to this hobby but I am looking at the section in the Savage Garden where D'Amato is talking about terrariums and the plants that do well and it is a HUGE selection. More than can fit into a 10 gallon, that's for sure LOL
    Last edited by jpappy789; 08-01-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    -Josh
    Grow list