What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My grow rack!

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I just got this from walmart. A bookcase for 19.99. It makes a good grow rack :D.
It's 4 feet tall, and there's about 12-15" between each shelf.
Newgrowshelf036.jpg

The bottom rack is very shaded, so I am thinking of trying D. Profelia and Adelae down there. Any other tropical CPs that don't need much light?
Thanks!

Looks good, but it could use some additional lights imho :p

That's one of the 2 brightest windows in my house... If my Phals do good year round on that brightness, and the Ventricosa has been in the other window for 4 years, at least it works. I know what you mean though. I really want some lights in the basement to grow a bunch more Paphs

You could always modify it with lights...but don't ask me how...I'm about the least handy person around LOL

You could always modify it with lights...but don't ask me how...I'm about the least handy person around LOL
Well all the plants I have right now are good in that light, at least my Neps and most my orchids other than Tolums, Catts, Vanda, Barkeria.
I just need to buy a single set of shop lights and put some down here in the basement so I can expand my collectionn even more!

Well Adam, along with prolifera and adelae you can get the third queensland sundew: schizandra.
I also know N. Mirabilis likes shade. No idea what other Neps though...and it's more of a lowland than HL...
Shop lights are good fix :-D
Great start, Adam.

Well Adam, along with prolifera and adelae you can get the third queensland sundew: schizandra.
I also know N. Mirabilis likes shade. No idea what other Neps though...and it's more of a lowland than HL...
Shop lights are good fix :-D
Great start, Adam.

Thanks! I knew about Schizandra, but I didn't post it in case I spelled it wrong and offend someone :p.
I may be getting a Ludisia orchid for the bottom.
Yeah, it's a lowland. I know I can grow highlands but can I grow Lowlands? I will see... I will buy the cheapest Lowland and just go from there. Because Actually my Paphs and Phals grow in the same conditions, other than light, and they're both healthy!

If I'm not mistaken, Miranda is a lowland. You probably won't get cheaper than that.
Lowii is a highland and fairly cheap to...you just need to do the cooler method at night.

Thanks! I knew about Schizandra, but I didn't post it in case I spelled it wrong and offend someone :p.
I may be getting a Ludisia orchid for the bottom.
Yeah, it's a lowland. I know I can grow highlands but can I grow Lowlands? I will see... I will buy the cheapest Lowland and just go from there. Because Actually my Paphs and Phals grow in the same conditions, other than light, and they're both healthy!

did someone ask for a ludisia cutting to root for the bottom of their growrack?

If I'm not mistaken, Miranda is a lowland. You probably won't get cheaper than that.
Lowii is a highland and fairly cheap to...you just need to do the cooler method at night.

Intermediate. I have her. She hates me :lol:. Producing her first pitcher of the year and I think it's gonna fail just because she hates me!
I had a lowii. It died because I didn't repot it when I should have.

did someone ask for a ludisia cutting to root for the bottom of their growrack?

Nah, a member of the local orchid society will be getting me one soon. Along with an Epidendrum, green Maudiae Paph, etc... I have the tropical Carnivore/Orchid bug! And I like it!:-O

Back