What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My set-up

Well this is my set-up today. I just constructed it today. My VFTs and other Purple Picher and Yellow Trumpet are outside.

I reported my nepenthes, sundews and butterwort... I bought some peat moss, ready to use perlite, and orchid bark. I also bought another Purple Pitcher while I bought those materials since the garden center is having the 40% off sale.

Now I hope my set up is okay and stuff. I just want them to thrive.

Ohh yeaa.... I looked inside one os Victreebel's pitcher... and there was a partial digested dragonfly in it.

img1111m.jpg

img1110s.jpg

+5 points for the Pokemon reference.
Sweet setup, btw. What's the dew at the front?

Hahaha, I was totally going to name one of my Neps "Victreebel". I might just start classifying their ages that way, or maybe their pitchers! "Oh yea, that's a Bellsprout, that one's a Weepinbell", etc. etc. I'm obviously wayyyy too entertained by this, haha.
Really awesome setup! Your Nep looks nice. How much was that shelving, and where did you get it?
Would you happen to have the dimensions? I'm trying to see what I'm lookin' at, space-wise, as I'd like to construct a grow rack after my vacation.

Hahaha, I was totally going to name one of my Neps "Victreebel". I might just start classifying their ages that way, or maybe their pitchers! "Oh yea, that's a Bellsprout, that one's a Weepinbell", etc. etc. I'm obviously wayyyy too entertained by this, haha.
Really awesome setup! Your Nep looks nice. How much was that shelving, and where did you get it?
Would you happen to have the dimensions? I'm trying to see what I'm lookin' at, space-wise, as I'd like to construct a grow rack after my vacation.

I bought it at Walmart, after I got the plastic one and didn't like it cuz I couldn't mount the light. So I got the metal one at Walmart for $19.77. They also have another version with one more shelf, I think was $31. The one I got was 13in deep, 23in wide, and 30in tall. Pretty short, so I used part of the plastic shelf to make it taller as you can kinda see xD. Foil walls, and plastic wrap doors lol.

Also, Cape Sundew flower starting to emerge from the bud!!
img1120i.jpg

Huh, I didn't know adelae would grow that tall. I was under the impression that they stayed more compact.

It used to be short, but then it grew tall afterwards. For some reasons... even some of my aquarium plants that supposed to be short grew a lot taller than their supposed to.

adelae only gets taller because lighting is inadequate.

Oh yea, it used to be in a south facing window, but there is a tree right in front of it so it covers most of the window. So it got very very filtered light. I hope it will be okay in my new set-up.... It's only 17w though :S

:boogie: Pics for all to enjoy!! :boogie:

Nepenthes ventrata cutting, trying to root it.
img2250u.jpg

Moss, the stuff I found on the grass last summer.
img2251j.jpg

Pinguicula primuliflora!!
img2252ys.jpg

Pinguicula primuliflora 'eating' frozen bloodworm.
img2253qz.jpg

More moss and wild DHG! Found them on my nature walk.
img2254.jpg

Drosera adelae. Her Royal Ooey Gooey Deweyness.
img2255gh.jpg

img2256cj.jpg

img2257tf.jpg

img2258z.jpg

Drosera capensis. Wrapped around a frozen blood worm! Time to eat baby!
img2261sg.jpg

Drosera capensis. Why so dewey?
img2262y.jpg

The Drosera family together happily ever after!
img2263u.jpg

Nepenthes ventrata!
img2264p.jpg

Victreebel, I choose you!
img2265z.jpg

Drosera venusta seedlings, soon they will hunt you down...
img2268g.jpg

Back