What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new grow shelf

uphwiz

jimmy
OK so I found on more inch of space and am currently building a shelf, hey right over my head , this will also allow me to hang curtains around the bed and block out the 7 am blistering t-5 abduction , doesnt even do any good to keep your eyes shut they just shine right through your lids:-)).
This shelf , vinyl flooring , sub floor particle board, 2 x 4 routed to capture the edges of the sub floor and hold a straight edge, several 2 x 3 supports under the shelf to help with warping , furring strips on wall then the foam insulating boards , that will get covered in mylar.
I still have to work out some kinks about the front and left end, not sure yet if i will be enclosing the shelf fully or just partially, also need to decide if i need to put up plastic on the ceiling . I'll do more shots as i get it finished.
Willow is pouting here, she is wondering if im going keep enough room for her in my room , but of course we all know this is her room LOL.
you simply cant put a flash on this dog you just get the back of her head , i can only capture her in the sports scene setting so i can take several shots quickly :0o:
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3299.jpg

LOL creative

Willow.. like the movie?

Thats a seriously pretty shelf. I can't wait to see the final product!

I love that dog of yours, LOL. Its so cute. very nice grow shelf by the way. Everything's looking great!!

Willow.. like the movie?

willow is the same breed, cairn and color, gray brindle as toto, from wizard of oz , is that the movie your talking about:-D ,
she is some what small as dogs go but not tiny (15 pounds), cairns are feirce , she would die in the mouth of a pit bull trying to get the last bite, I have to be careful with her, she is very aggressive with strange dogs. She's the most loving affectionate dog ive ever been around. she likes to give hugs, and nuzzles all about your face if you'll let her, my fault .:blush:.
IMG_1770_1.jpg

How old is she? Thats a great picture of her.

she will be 5 april 2nd , i didnt realize our birthdays were so close till i got her registration papers me april 1st fool babie:jester:

Cool! How will you get that top waterproof, will be nothing like feeling a dripping in the middle of your forehead at night! LOL

I hear ya about theT5 lights, mine come on at noon and go off at midnight I'm going to start setting it to come on at 1 so I get an hour more of sleep and still gives me 2 1/2 hours before work to feed and water the plants and critters.

Cute dog! My dad is an April fool too!

Cool! How will you get that top waterproof, will be nothing like feeling a dripping in the middle of your forehead at night! LOL

Im hoping with a good bead of 100% silicone , and a piece of PVC trim squeezed into it at all the surrounding edges will do the trick, I dont plan on soaking the shelf and will be keeping all the plants in their individual saucers.
Today Ii got the rest of the foam board up and the plastic on the ceiling , ran out of mylar , i need about 1 more foot :censor:
wowee :-O The t-8 fixture has some bright light, compared to the t-12 fixture right beside it.
IMG_3311.jpg
I'll also be able to give a few plants some much needed attention, they were getting fairly crowded, and I could barely see them anymore:blush:

this is how I hope to keep water excess from getting down through the boards , vinyl flooring, then the pvc trim squished into a large bead of 100% silicone, i smoothed out the excess silicone for a nicer finish, I plan to add another layer of silicone over the whole seam pvc trim and all in 24 hours.
this shelf isnt going to be saturated in water but at times i may over do the misting so im trying to get it as waterproof as possible.
IMG_3325.jpg

Back