Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mass's Greenhouse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. macfarlanei

N. spathulata 'All Red' female

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana with a pitcher that's on it's way out..

N. tobaica x talangensis mis-label.. I don't think that's what it is anymore. So now.. I'm clueless.

A NICE surprise today.. N. spec x vent is flowering again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice show!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! You have a lot of nice looking plants.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that was a most wonderful tour!
    I'm glad to see everything is loving you!

That Song of Melancholy is absolutely breathtaking, and you're just too cute, too "1 or 2000 dews / I remember something growing in there..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you've got a monster collection a year in! You going to put that greenhouse outside at your new house, or is it going to be forever an indoor-outdoor greenhouse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O_O ... -_O ... O_- ... O_O

I... I don't... wow. That was a spectacular update! Thanks for that! I kept getting to the end of one of your posts and being like, "Wow, that was aweso- WAIT MORE!?" Consider me tided over. XD

However, I'm not done with you. I'm just getting started, LOL. Do you have somewhere that explains your setup? Your greenhouse, where it is (outside/inside? I see lights!), etc.? That heater you pointed out, you said it cools to 30. It's not like a combo heater/cooler, is it?! That would be a wicked price for such a marvelous piece of greenhouse awesomeness.

You see, I'm planning on eventually building a greenhouse. And, uh, I just checked Weatherbase to compare our climates. They're surprisingly similar, though I have more days above 90 and below 32. But still, remarkably similar. See these links for the comparison if interested: East Lansing, Fort Collins. Unfortunately, Weatherbase does not have any records for humidity. What's humidity like there, on average? I have to assume you get much higher humidities year-round than I do, since you're practically surrounded by water. That's easily remedied with a good humidifier, though.

Serious envy going on right now, especially being it doesn't seem all that crazy an idea that I could pull something relatively similar off. Until now, I'd been quite worried about managing a greenhouse in such an extreme climate. But comparing mine to yours is definitely reassuring.

Thanks, again, that definitely satisfied my picture craving, LOL.

EDIT: In my excitement, I forgot: What's your recipe for the Mexican Pings? Looks like a lot of pea gravel or something, yeah?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    O_O ... -_O ... O_- ... O_O
    Your greenhouse, where it is (outside/inside? I see lights!), etc.? That heater you pointed out, you said it cools to 30. It's not like a combo heater/cooler, is it?!

EDIT: In my excitement, I forgot: What's your recipe for the Mexican Pings? Looks like a lot of pea gravel or something, yeah?
    Inside GH only..
    Yes, it heats and cools. But it can't cover super large spaces. Just rooms about the size of the GH. So it works out well..

It's actually a bonsai media.. I'm not sure exactly what all was in it, since the package didn't list everything. But it is a 100% mineral media mix. The one's with rocks in the pots do have some peat though. Those one's were doing so well in the pots they came in, that I left them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Wow you've got a monster collection a year in! You going to put that greenhouse outside at your new house, or is it going to be forever an indoor-outdoor greenhouse?
    Nope, it's strictly an indoor GH. I've got another one for outside.. I haven't put it together yet, since I'm still waiting to move into the new house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the Vornado, is it? What brand is it? I'll have to look for something similar.

A strictly indoor greenhouse... very interesting. How do you light it? Just a bunch of shop lights?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast