What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing dude, amazing..

Ohhh, awesome! :drool:

Really great pics. I love the silouette pictures! I would want to hang them up on my wall :)

Love that 2nd blueish ceph pic the best. :drool:

Thank ya, ladies 'n gents. Took lots more silhouette shots today to experiment with different colors... I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

All the pictures are really inspiring :D
Just a quick question though... How's the vid on your humidifier going ;)
I'd really like to know how to make my own and yours looks epic!

How do you light the silhouette shots? The variation of color in the background is awesome!

@Zacham: LOL, yeahhhhhhh, about that.... the video never got made, lol. It's seen some minor adjustments since I built it and it works better now. I'll get some more pictures later on and try to explain it a little better. I'm going to be rebuilding one, though, soon. Might want to wait until then since it'll have adjustments that I think are beneficial, lol.

@Wireman: I just hung a piece of felt behind the plants and used a flashlight to shine at the felt from behind. No other light source. It's pretty fun. I have lots more pictures, I will try to throw them up tonight some time.

i have to agree with mass best pic. u have an amazing collection. did your moss just start growing or did you plant it?

Wow, I'm blown away..

Thanks, guys. The moss is actually growing in the "sphagnum chamber," the idea for which I got from mass. The original moss to get it started was also from mass.

Here's a few more color examples:

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled5.png

Here's something else I tried. This was (obviously) lit up, but I put the piece of felt in the background and used an LED flashlight to shine light on it, which created the spot. Also focus stacked. Couldn't use even a remotely high f-stop because it dragged the texture of the felt into the picture. So it was 4 shots, each at like f/3 or something.

11.19.2011pings.png

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Felt like uploading this one, too... also focus stacked. >.>

Good lord, thats stunningly beautiful....

Just looking over this thread again! Very nice photos, Kyle.

No kidding!! Not sure how I missed this post. Great shots Kyle!

Haha, thanks guys; this is my old thread, maybe that's why you missed it, Drew.

Back