Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia21 View Post
    Dazzling, you are good at designing
    I just love tinkering with things and DIYing, sometimes I get lucky. XP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure agree
    "Due to the recent economic crisis and budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you'd be interested.
    I'd def be interested. VFTs are probably the CP i'll grow the most. I want every cultivar there is. Cephs and purple pitcher plants are something else i'll probably collect extensively. I have mine indoors atm but only because I bought them so late in the year. I have every intention of growing them exclusively outdoors though.

Hope it helps in some way!
    It does. I really like your pump idea. I basically just have the one tub you have on top without the bottom tub and the pump. Looks like your setup works great. Does anyone use HIDs to grow these. I was thinking about putting some of the plants i'm keeping indoors under a 250w metal halide. Just haven't seen anyone using them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any personal experience with metal halides (MHs), but I can tell you what I've learned from lots of reading on forums like this and plantedtank. MHs are fantastic for growing the larger plants indoors (provided you have some way to keep the area ventilated) as supplemental sun, such as Sarracenia. Their reach makes them a decent option as opposed to fluorescents. Fluorescents don't reach far enough for the taller plants. The problem, though, is that MHs do produce a pretty good bit of heat. That alone makes them virtually useless in applications such as grow racks where things are pretty well contained. If you had, say, an outdoor patio or something where you'd like to keep your plants but they don't get enough sunlight during the day, that's a pretty good application for for a MH. Indoors can work well, too, when used in an entire room (not a rack) that can be well-ventilated by some means, even a window open. Just somewhere that is well-ventilated in order to make sure all that heat is dissipated and doesn't cook anything.

And I'll make a note somewhere to contact you when/if I get those seeds. ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shipping plants isn't bad. You need boxes generally...though I have had plants sent in bags (and they made it )

I only have one adalae...well, the other is really small and the same genetics probably. Anyway, I could trade you a nice d. binata var. dichotoma or a d. alicae...even a d. capensis broadleaf. They're all great plants.

Mine just has wider leaves, but probably because it's not as big as some of yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I would -love- a D. binata var. dichotoma, but not until I know I can keep forks at all. But I'd totally take a broadleaf, that one's on my want list. ^.~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    I don't have any personal experience with metal halides (MHs), but I can tell you what I've learned from lots of reading on forums like this and plantedtank. MHs are fantastic for growing the larger plants indoors (provided you have some way to keep the area ventilated) as supplemental sun, such as Sarracenia. Their reach makes them a decent option as opposed to fluorescents. Fluorescents don't reach far enough for the taller plants. The problem, though, is that MHs do produce a pretty good bit of heat. That alone makes them virtually useless in applications such as grow racks where things are pretty well contained. If you had, say, an outdoor patio or something where you'd like to keep your plants but they don't get enough sunlight during the day, that's a pretty good application for for a MH. Indoors can work well, too, when used in an entire room (not a rack) that can be well-ventilated by some means, even a window open. Just somewhere that is well-ventilated in order to make sure all that heat is dissipated and doesn't cook anything.

And I'll make a note somewhere to contact you when/if I get those seeds. ;p
    Ventilation shouldn't be a problem. I have an air cooled hood for it if it gets too hot. I just put some VFT seedlings under a 70w HPS yesterday and it looks like they love the more intense light. Its getting cold here so the extra heat from it is a plus. Only down side is my humidity is going down from the raised temps but not enough to cause concern.

No pressure bud. If you do or don't it's no biggie. Thnx for the offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgrade! I added 2 more light fixture to give me another shelf's worth of space. Now I'm ready for those seeds from SDCPs and whatever goodies limeslide is sending me!

The rack.

Utrics.

Ceph on its pedestal.

Neps, Mexican Pings, and a couple life support dews.

Mmmmmm, fruit flies.

Now time for some real pictures. Inspired by pygo's amazing photography, I decided to pick my camera up, head into the plant room, and *gasp* be brave enough to finally switch the camera to manual mode. I'm pretty pleased with some of the results.

I'd been calling this N. ventricosa, but it never occurred to me that it is a N. ventricosa 'Red.' No?

N. 'Judith Finn.' I think; unnamed Lowe's rescue, but that's what it looks like to me.

Cephalotus.

U. livida flower.

Random spot from my minibog. So many dews!

Another unnamed from Lowe's. I had been calling in N. ventrata, but now it's growing wings. Does N. ventrata have wings? Ideas?

P. moranensis 'Tehuacan.'

Please do comment, especially on the "photography" ones - I'm definitely looking for input to improve myself in that hobby. Also, if anyone can clarify the oness I'm guessing on, please do!

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast