User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Outdoor Terrarium, and Remodled Prop. Chamber. Need advice!

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck man. I have tried to grow various CPs in tanks and they have variable levels of success. However, given the right conditions, I have seen some truly amazing tanks. What kind of CPs are you planning on growing in there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    Yeah, my local HD sells it for a pretty outrageous price. I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for much cheaper. In fact, I'll look around real quick.

EDIT: Yikes, maybe it's not so ridiculous. The few places I've found online that sell it are very comparable. o.O Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
    Well, it's still expensive to me. I paid $12 for that grate...only because they didn't have white ones. Otherwise i'd of paid $24 for a 4' x 2' plastic grate! Well, I'm just glad it works.

Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Good luck man. I have tried to grow various CPs in tanks and they have variable levels of success. However, given the right conditions, I have seen some truly amazing tanks. What kind of CPs are you planning on growing in there?
    I had a general idea, which I described in my post. And that's exactly my question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDCPs View Post
    Well, it's still expensive to me.
    No, I agree, it is expensive. I was just saying that Home Depot's price must not be too crazy 'cause every price I saw online was equally as expensive. I don't know how they get away with charging $25 for a piece of grated plastic. Maybe there's some special manufacturing process behind it, LOL, I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    No, I agree, it is expensive. I was just saying that Home Depot's price must not be too crazy 'cause every price I saw online was equally as expensive. I don't know how they get away with charging $25 for a piece of grated plastic. Maybe there's some special manufacturing process behind it, LOL, I don't know.
    My thoughts exactly. But, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I believe it. But how they can do that?

Supply and Demand?

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Oh, update. The heater works WONDERS. The air in there is actually tangibly warm compared to the outside...and if I cover the top, the whole thing fogs up and the humidity is 90%!...at night.

So it raises humidity and regulates temperature. Cool!

I have added some utrics and a genilsia. I think they'll like it! I also put some neps in there temporarily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12