What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG those are just to die for Mass! WOW man! Those are Awesome! and you have BABIES!!!! Wow is all I can say. Everything is looking so awesome. Awesome Awesome Awesome! Somehow looking at these pics makes me feel......um.....inadiquate. I have to keep telling myself I just recently got back into serious nep growing and I am not going to have kick arse plants like that yet. OK now I am rambling. Awesome Mass.

haha.. thanks JB. I love getting comments like yours. It's a great motivator to keep doing what I'm doing. Speaking of which.. took a few more pics.

New N. truncata x veitchii HL 'Batu, Buli' rooted and ready to join the herd.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

Bring out the gimp.. N. veitchii x platy may just be my retarded POTM entry for September.

IMG_7029.jpg

I love this.. an army of N. albomarginata 'Green' gurading the lone vogelii.

IMG_7031.jpg

A couple of sisters.. N. lowii x spectabilis with an SG N. albomarginata 'Red' (Gunung Jerai) looking over them.

IMG_7045.jpg

New N. truncata x ovata potted up and ready for growing..

IMG_7037.jpg

I don't show this one very often, so I thought it was about time. N. northiana..

IMG_7048.jpg

D. peltata 'White Flower'. The traps are lacking dew, due to the constant feeding. This helps to keep the plant growing, and out of dormancy. It is also constantly flowering on one of it's numerous stalks.

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

Quick update on my D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa (Albany Hwy) flower..

IMG_7034.jpg

Last edited:
Awesomely awesome! Your Lowii x Spectabilis and 'Effulgent Koto' are two of my favourite Neps out there!

Lookin great Mass! I love the N. lowii x spectabilis and can't wait to see pitchers from the truncata x ovata it should really be something else.....

Lookin great Mass! I love the N. lowii x spectabilis and can't wait to see pitchers from the truncata x ovata it should really be something else.....

omg.. that makes two of us buddy. :drool:

Awesomely awesome! Your Lowii x Spectabilis and 'Effulgent Koto' are two of my favourite Neps out there!

My 'Eff Koto' is a pitchering fool. The lowii x spectabilis seems to be the same way.. Quite fast growers as well.

As soon as northiana opens one pitcher many will follow. I don't know why I always read the N. vogelii is a quick grower when everyone on this forums says it isn't. Nice as always.

How much did it cost to set up one GH?

Why is there no plant to go with the random flower just sticking up? :p

But everything else is so super gorgeous!!! :love:

How much did it cost to set up one GH?

My cost.. or what it should've cost? There is a difference since I got my 8bulb T5HO setup for free.

My GH only cost me about $300 total. It SHOULD have cost me around $500-$600, but I'm cool.. and was able to wrangle myself a deal.

Why is there no plant to go with the random flower just sticking up? :p

But everything else is so super gorgeous!!! :love:

It's because the plant doesn't want to eat the pollinators. So it put's up a flower before it puts out the carnivorous leaves. I hear that sarrs do the same thing.

amazing as usual Mass.. :drool: :hail:

More stuff..

IMG_7064.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

sarracenia must be enjoying the hot humid weather. You just reminded me to go pot up assorted pinguicula......

sarracenia must be enjoying the hot humid weather. You just reminded me to go pot up assorted pinguicula......

They seem to be doing well. Something was chewing on one of my x catesbaei pitchers though.

Is that purp a montana? Definately the best I've ever seen :drool:

Amaazing, love the Veitchii x Platychila intermediate(?) Can't wait till mine starts showing some of those charesteristics!

Amaazing, love the Veitchii x Platychila intermediate(?) Can't wait till mine starts showing some of those charesteristics!

Yup.. intermediate pitcher. And just so happens to be the first pitcher in my care from this plant.

And a good looking one at that! Mine's first pitcher in my care is expected to be about 2 inches tall :blush:

:awesome:Its a Sundew christmas tree!

Back