What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the N. albomarginata myself

A whole mess of random low quality pics. THERE BE, HAPPY NOW?!?!?

The aristolochoides kids. See Luca, uber tiny.

IMG_8040.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

SG N. hamata coming out of a pouty phase.

IMG_8041.jpg

N. truncata HL

IMG_8044.jpg

N. macrophylla

IMG_8045.jpg

N. platychila's newest

IMG_8049.jpg

little one from N. lowii x spectabilis

IMG_8053.jpg

N. tentaculata starting to chin up

IMG_8059.jpg

First in my care from my SG N. veitchii HL. Looks pretty promising.

IMG_8060.jpg

little N. truncata x spectabilis hiding out.

IMG_8062.jpg

New round of leaves from D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa (Albany Hwy) almost done unfolding.

IMG_8064.jpg

D. macrophylla pushing up a flower, and yeah, recently fed.

IMG_8072.jpg

A couple D. allantostigma at the base of D. peltata 'White Flower'.

IMG_8075.jpg

The young kids.

IMG_8070.jpg

A little one from N. ephippiata that I didn't know existed.

IMG_8077.jpg

D. regia doing it's thing after a heavy feeding.

IMG_8078.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochoides getting some size to it.

IMG_8082.jpg

Speaking of getting some size. My N. 'Effulgent Koto' got so tall the stem snapped. So I had to tie off to keep it from breaking in half. Thanks to my fiance for the size reference..

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

LOVING this truncata x veitchii HL. Thanks again Mitchell for the hook up on these.

IMG_8085.jpg

N. veitchii K starting to dominate the already too small grow space.

IMG_8086.jpg

My two most finicky neps. Just can't seem to make these two happy. N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana (back) and N. (x tiveyi x veitchii H/L) x (northiana x veitchii H/L) (front) with N. vogelii in the far back there.

IMG_8087.jpg

Newest from my smallest N. x leessii

IMG_8088.jpg

Yeah, my smallest N. x leessii not so small anymore.

IMG_8099.jpg

OHAI!

IMG_8091.jpg

Getting some good color on the S. "Brokkenensis" seedlings

IMG_8102.jpg

B52

IMG_8104.jpg

Cut the main stalk on my N. sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii H/L) to help these 5 basals to grow out faster.

IMG_8105.jpg

N. northiana still looking good.

IMG_8107.jpg

The only pic of all my cephs that turned out. C. "Big Boy"

IMG_8111.jpg

And last but not least, the corner of the GH I never show. Some misc. vines and some spanish moss. The plan was to have this stuff take over the walls of the GH. But it's taking longer than I was hoping it would.

IMG_8123.jpg

YYAAAYYY PICS!! Everything is so peerrdddyyy!!

Any tips on getting my regia to look like that? Mine is doing the "one big leaf at a time" thing and looks all uneven.. And those Brokkensis seedlings are looking dope! mine isnt that big yet.. Do you give em any fert or anything?

Went back to the old avatar eh'? Snakes are icky..

I don't water it. It's just sitting in there with the HL's. Has a direct line of sight to the lights. About 4ft. below the 8 T5HO's. Max temps are about 77*F day, and 58*F night. Just silica and peat with a few Byblis seedlings in the pot. Other than that.. FEED FEED FEED!
I don't do anything with the Sarrs. They may have eaten when they were outside, but I wouldn't know.

Nice! I'm impressed all around.

N. x leessii ... i think i have this one also somewhere. not growing. wonder might be shaded out by the huge ventricosa. Assuming based on yours growing in HL/Inter conditions. Maybe I need to feed it more.....

Holy regia!

Let me know if yours checks out Mach. I'll give you my big one.

That's a nice bunch of plants you got there. Pictures aren't bad either! You must have opted for the two fer lot of camera batteries to take so many pictures :-D

Wish I could do both/either half as well as you do - growing and photographing - keep up the good work.

Ironically enough.. I did get the 2fer deal on camera batteries. ;)

haha ! a good cook to??? you got one hell of a keeper man great find and great plants. i love the dew collection you have, and the mix of striped greatness amungst your nepenthes.

Have you ever had like random animals like toads and peepers or anything end up in there with no reason to how they got there?

Amazing Nep collection. Loved to see that macrophylla thrown in to the mix. That truncata x veitchii HL IS freakin awesome!

Do you have a special place for that northiana or is it growing right smack in your general HL conditions??

Amazing Nep collection. Loved to see that macrophylla thrown in to the mix. That truncata x veitchii HL IS freakin awesome!

Do you have a special place for that northiana or is it growing right smack in your general HL conditions??

Which macrophylla, drosera or nepenthes. Cause they're both in there. ;)

The Northiana is up above with my albomarginatas. It's a smidge warmer.. so, more intermediate conditions than everyone else gets.

Have you ever had like random animals like toads and peepers or anything end up in there with no reason to how they got there?

nah. Nothing like that. Since the GH is in my den.

The northiana's lookin good. Any pitcher production?

The N. mac of course ;) .....we don't get to see many shots of that plant and its pitchers I'm sure because of its (lack of) vigorousness, but I remember you mentioning having/growing that specie.

The D. mac is nice as well of course...

The northiana's lookin good. Any pitcher production?

A little. At this point is has all white quarter inch pitchers on each leaf. Still waiting to see some stripes..

Nice plants and nice pics mass :)

(oh btw, meant to tell ya, but you can unscrew the close up adapter that is on the wideangle lens and attach it to the 10x for even more magnification)

Nice plants and nice pics mass :)

(oh btw, meant to tell ya, but you can unscrew the close up adapter that is on the wideangle lens and attach it to the 10x for even more magnification)

I knew it came off, just didn't know what purpose that would serve. It says it's a macro adapter, so I just assumed it was for closer wideangle shots. Good to know I'm completely wrong. :lol: And I actually didn't use any of the lenses on this last update. Just a bunch of quick pics.

Great lookin plants as always!

Thanks for sharing!

Back