I am currently building an 18"x18"x24" vivarium for highland nepenthes and related climate plants and CPs. I'll be posting on here pictures of the build process, which should, for the most part, be completed tomorrow after my order of plants arrives. Hopefully this build log/process will inspire others or be a good reference to folks in the future.
Anyhow, thanks to the fellows CP'ers on here for the previous experience with building these that has helps me decide how/what I wanted to do.
Initially I wanted to do the entire background via the living clay method that Swords used for one of his vivariums. After debating on it, I decided that my waterflow process I had planned would not be good with the clay, and erosion would likely occur. Therefore, I thought it more appropriate to use the Great Stuff expander foam and black silicone to form my water flow/waterfall area, which is what I did today. Tomorrow I will be doing the living clay for the rest of the background and adding the plants.
Added rock and reshaped
Added peat/sand/dry LFS soil mix
More to come tomorrow!