What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good ultrasonic humidifier?

I thought he was going to light the "gaoline" too..... wasn't sure if I was reading it right LOL.

I am going to do this with a 5 gallon pail inside my greenhouse with a computer fan attached to the lid blowing out the mist through a couple holes drilled on the sides of the pail.

So I'm thinking about getting a humidifier or fogger to replace my current water pans but I'd like to understand more about how this works.

1. How do you set the desired level of humidity for a humidifier?

2. Most humidifiers are meant to service an entire room, can they reduce their flow to handle a terrarium? I'm running the equivalent of about a 110 gallon tank.

3. If you can reduce the flow for a small volume like that, how long would a typical 2 gallon water tank last? I understand that for a full room you might have to refill it every day but at a slow trickle level like this it should last much longer.

If a humidifier isn't the best way to do this, what is? What I want is something reliable and simple I can put in to raise the humidity by a roughly controllable amount for a small volume. Should I be looking instead at the small foggers like Exo-terra makes which I assume are already tuned for this sort of application?

Thanks!

Back