Hey all - thought I might share a few pics!
A few shots of some of my pings that seem to be doing very well:
P. esseriana (thanks SDCPs!)
P. 'Sethos' (thanks SDCPs!!)
P. moctezumae (made quite a nice recovery after a near-death experience)
And the rest:
N. ventricosa. Sorry for the unsightly mess on the pitchers; it just had a meal. A few pitchers died recently but it's still pumping new ones out. There are three more coming in on the other side of the plant.
D. scorpiodes not looking TOO happy, but starting to produce gemmae. Those white flecks I believe are the beginnings of an aphid infestation - I brought out the neem with pyrethrines early on these guys.
D. nitidula x pulchella. Not looking happy at all, but they haven't gotten any worse for around two months now. And they're producing gemmae!
D. enodes starting to produce gemmae!!
D. callistos with nice crowns of gemmae. How can I tell when these things are ripe for the pickin'??
D. spatulata "Fraser Island" looking a bit thirsty for light. Hold out a bit longer and the photoperiod will increase soon enough! White flecks... stupid aphids! I hope you like the taste of neem. Also looks like a D. capensis seed hitched a ride over in the pot and recently began to sprout. Bonus!
All of these D. indica seedlings came to me via a U. longifolia I got in a trade with SDCPs (THANKS!!). Some are happier than others, but all have grown up quite nicely.
D. capensis "broad leaf" (THANKS SDCPs!!... anyone noticing a pattern here?). It's looking much better after I got rid of the tiny white things (well, most of them) that were infesting it. Unfortunately, its brother in the same pot did not survive the swarm.
D. binata that I propagated from a plant that came to me growing in a S. flava that I have since traded away. This thing came from very humble beginnings, and now it's quite large... and still growing!
Typical VFT that I rescued from Lowes on an impulse. Traps are coloring up nicely.
U. sandersonii with D. spatulata and D. indica growing out of it (thanks SDCPs!!!!). Also getting my first flower out of the utric at the top right hand corner of the pic!
S. purpurea that I rescued from Lowes in the fall. I'm thrilled with the color it's developed.