What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indoor Greenhouse Suggestions?

I am planning to make a greenhouse and will probably do a spin off of mks idea. Pretty much the same but with the lights in a different position.

Here are some plans that I have, hopefully I will be able to do it by the end of the year.
Any suggestions for improving it? Obviously f stands for fan and h stands for humidity.
side view
IMG_0259.jpg

front view
IMG_0260.jpg

top view
IMG_0261.jpg

Looks similar to mass's setup or how I would imagine Exo's looks like from the outside. My only recommendation would be to have separate ducts for the humidifier's output and the AC's. The way you have it, there's going to be a whole lot of condensation in the tube after the humidifier because that duct is going to be very cold from the AC's output. You will probably get water collection in the tube, which may flow back into the AC and that's obviously no good. Even not given that, when there's a lot of condensation in there or even a collected puddle, the AC coming on will blow a lot of water out, which will splash water around and make a mess. I understand you want the air cool air and humid air to be mixed before entering the chamber, but perhaps rethink the design. I guess, in all technicality, you could have the AC's duct be U-shaped, and have the humidifier come in at the bottom of the U so any condensation and water collection ends up just running back into the humidifier. I'd use PVC for that, of course. Just a couple ideas.

perhaps I can connect the humidifier closer to the exit of the pipe? the ac humidifier would only be on when the ac is on. I would have a separate humidifier in the greenhouse itself, Im just wondering if those humidifiers would be sufficient enough. I am also thinking that I might have to many fans.

my main suggestion is that you have the cold air flow in near the top of the house as warm air rises. it'll help mix up the air and keep temps more uniform. i like the looks of this though.... you gunna suck me into a similar venture, I can feel it. ;)

myles, just you wait... soon enough you will have several large outdoor nurseries :lol:. Thanks for the tip though, I will certainly do that, maybe I could also tilt the pipe so that it blows upwards to the top of the GH.

its been a dream of mine since gradeschool to grow plants for a living... would be awesome if they were of the carnivorous variety :D

perhaps I can connect the humidifier closer to the exit of the pipe? the ac humidifier would only be on when the ac is on. I would have a separate humidifier in the greenhouse itself, Im just wondering if those humidifiers would be sufficient enough. I am also thinking that I might have to many fans.
Mmmm, that might work, especially if the humidifier is on only when the AC is. You could always give it a shot and keep a close eye on it. It's just not worth blowing an AC unit if you're getting lots of condensation and such. As far as fans, bah... as far as I know, you can never have too much movement (practically speaking, of course...) as long as you maintain the humidity. More air movement, to me, means less chance for mold. ^.~

But I think we've kinda hijacked this thread, perhaps you should start one for your particular setup.

ok yea I will do that

Back