Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rearranging Terrarium and Adding Another

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a resident of NYC, I'm just flabbergasted that you can go to ANY brick-and-mortar store and buy CPs like Brocchinia or Heliamphora ! I'm not even convinced that these plants exist at all outside of cyberspace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    As a resident of NYC, I'm just flabbergasted that you can go to ANY brick-and-mortar store and buy CPs like Brocchinia or Heliamphora ! I'm not even convinced that these plants exist at all outside of cyberspace.
    I'm getting mine online, but I have seen Heliamphora and Brocchinia Reducta at my local nursery, though that may not be saying much because they usually have a lot of Nepenthes in, mostly just Alata and x Miranda, but occassionally they get more exotic ones in. They also get lots of random sundews, butterworts, sarracenia, VFTs, and other carnivorous plants in too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have no idea how amazing that is.
    Growlist
    IN HOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hey a fellow ut grower. I think there's like...4 of us now if that haha. I think your setup looks great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
    Oh hey a fellow ut grower. I think there's like...4 of us now if that haha. I think your setup looks great.
    Thanks! I haven't met anyone else in the state that grows CPs, so that makes you the first one!

Ok, so I ended up not getting the Brocchinia Reducta...yet, but hopefully I can order it tomorrow, or I won't be happy. The only thing stopping me is my parents who are not wanting another plant or anything in the house, which is probably my fault because I have a chameleon, a reef tank, and my carnivorous plants, plus we have a dog; wish me luck trying to convince them for the millionth time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trick is get some fruit and lots of fruit flys then tell your parents if u can get more cps they will eat the fruit flys......

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I figure I should sound off on this one, seeing as I am one of the UT growers nightsky referred to. I've been dormant for the winter, but I'm getting over that as my CPs wake up. It's good to see CPs (or at least the hobby) flourishing in the desert. I really like your setup, I agree with everyone else on how awesome it looks. My experience in UT has always been to use a strong light or keep them by the window, looks like you're doing awesome with both!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann_A View Post
    I'm getting mine online, but I have seen Heliamphora and Brocchinia Reducta at my local nursery, though that may not be saying much because they usually have a lot of Nepenthes in, mostly just Alata and x Miranda, but occassionally they get more exotic ones in. They also get lots of random sundews, butterworts, sarracenia, VFTs, and other carnivorous plants in too.
    Where is this nursery? I'd like to check it out sometime. It sounds far better than anything we have down here in Orem. I did however find a N. alata like yours about two weeks ago, my wife got it for me on Valentines Day. I was totally stoked to find such a large plant at a nursery that hasn't had any CPs in almost two years. I'll post some pics come April or so when I have more to show.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I never did end up getting my Brocchinia Reducta nor the Heliamphora Nutans, though I may get some within a few months. Currently I'm dealing with my chameleon who has an eye infection, plus a few family things, so plants are on hold for now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast