What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Showcase

That setup is beautiful. I was wondering how you had your water cooled lights set up. Are you recirculating the water through a chiller/heat exchanger back through the water jackets on the lights?

Still learning about them.. but I'll get some more info for you today when I'm there.

Mass, you outdid yourself. It looks very nice, and I wish I lived in Michigan so I could come and view it.

shucks.. now your just trying to flatter me. I know it's not all that, yet.

They are the most expensive halide from what I understand. Not sure of the exact price, but I can indeed find out for you. There is a link to what they are in the General Discussions "showcase" thread..

I checked but couldn't find that link. I'm guessing you had to buy the lights and then an additional pumping unit, resevoir, and cooling unit..? Like Vraev, it's perfect for what I'd need, but I'm betting it's way out of my price range. I have a growlab enclosure also, and it has excellent insulating properties. Too excellent, as in I struggle controlling temps with just t8's inside.

Mass,

I think i see the spathulata i traded you! Looks great. Love the setup!

Mass,

I think i see the spathulata i traded you! Looks great. Love the setup!

That one came from Tony with the others.. The one I got from you is doing GREAT though!

Phase II has begun.. I added a bushy ventrata basket from my personal collection, along with some P.moranensis.
Unfortunately, I ran out of orchid bark for the media.. so I wasn't able to get everything filled in and the live moss down. Which also means I wasn't able to plant the sarrs or dichotoma 'Giant' I donated. But hey, it's coming along slowly but surely. Production will just have to continue on Monday.

100_7360.jpg

a closer look at the liquid surrounding the halides. There are tubes feeding from the fixture and out the back of the growspace. But I couldn't get back there to see what they went to.

100_7361.jpg

100_7363.jpg

100_7365.jpg

Once it get's filled in and the moss is down, I think I may just unpot the neps and plant them directly into the ground media. I dunno.. just a thought.

Last edited:
Wow...things are starting to come together nicely. :)

getting more spectacular every second. great job

Awesooooooooooome!!!
:-D

pssh.. the things you people do for a nepenthes update.

Update 03/21/11

100_7472.jpg

100_7462.jpg

100_7461.jpg

100_7471.jpg

100_7469.jpg

100_7470.jpg

100_7466.jpg

100_7468.jpg

100_7464.jpg

100_7465.jpg

I love the natural look it has... Really nice display, those neps look healthy!

Hey thanks.. it's coming along nicely.

Cool looks like they are in the wild!

Lookin really good! Some mossy branches that the vines could climb would be really nice as they get larger! :)

Lookin really good! Some mossy branches that the vines could climb would be really nice as they get larger! :)

As soon as the weather permits.. my butt is in the woods. I've got tons of ideas running through my head! :0o:

It looks very good, i like the different mosses :)
I think a dicranopteris would look very good in there :D
You often see those growing next to neps in the wild.

*swoon*
Such gorgeousness that I woke up to :3
I love it!

working through the pain? thats dedication to cps right there. very nice

working through the pain? thats dedication to cps right there. very nice

OMG my face hurts so bad!! You guys are the only people I can talk to.. My face is so swollen I can't even murmur or mumble. :-(

Poor thing.

Back