Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I satisfy everyone?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing where you are located (State - nearest major city) would help us know your approximate climate. This would matter greatly in the advice when can give you. A tank is probably not necessary but a lot depends on your climate and situation.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all in seperate containers but same medium until I can purchase some more special types (peat ect.).
    I live in the upper North-East part of Ks right on the MO line; Topeka KS is an hour away St.JOe MO is 40-45minutes away. I was planning on putting the VFT outside when the summer sets in but it gets really humid over here...
    I might just leave the capensis because I'd like something in there(it holds up my little garden but I dont have anything in it)
    What would be good watering cycles for the VFT and Pings? I was told to just keep everything moist for the VFT and on the drier side for the Pings...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can put the VFT outside, now. I'm near Buffalo, NY, and they have been outside for the past week. VFT's should be watered every couple of days, if there isn't rain, and from the top, so the water drains through.

Mexican pings can be standing in ~1/4" of water, from Aprill through August and drier in the fall. They should be essentially dry in the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 41F right now and we're supposed to expect snow tomorrow (it was 90F last Saturday > ) Until we're fairly deep into summer I'm not going to put anyone outside. Alright so I'll give them a bit more thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12