What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clue's Place

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
Here's my screenhouse, something my dad and I put together to keep the furry little critters out of my plants.

c00584.jpg

Here's a picture of it as the sun was peering through the clouds.

c00528.jpg

The front acts like a flap, giving me access to my precious little ones. If you look very closely, there are nails through the bottom where I hook the flap when not in use. The nails point towards the ground so it can't fly open in the wind.

Welcome to the start of your tour...

Last edited:
Hmm...some peeps here have issues with squirrels....that would keep them out. ;)

A raccoon, may have access to your plants much the same way that you can. I'd find a way to secure that flap.

c00529.jpg

To the right is part of my Utricularia tray. There are two clones of Utricularia reniformis, U. nelumbifolia seedlings, and some Cephalotus leaf cuttings I've been meaning to move.

c00530.jpg

One of the U. reniformis pots with some tropical D. intermedia.

c00531.jpg.html

The fake Pinguicula 'Weser' in its glory.

c00532.jpg

Just one of the Sarracenia trays sitting in the sun.

c00536.jpg

S. flava var. flava with its friends S. purpurea varieties montana and heterophylla.

c00538.jpg.html

This is my S. oreophila [d].

c00539.jpg

This is my "hardy" Darlingtonia clone, which I've had for two years since April. I don't treat it any different from my Sarracenia, but it's still growing.

c00543.jpg

This is my S. oreophila [c], which is in excess of a foot-and-a-half. :D

c00570.jpg

This flower shows that the S. flava var. atropurpurea that I received from Lois half a year ago isn't pure. I was always skeptical about the clone. It never looked like a pure S. flava.

c00573.jpg

Here's a hybrid that not many seem to have: S. 'Moore's Melody'. It's a wild hybrid of S. alata and S. rosea. It's a very large plant. The lid itself is larger than a U.S. silver dollar coin.

c00582.jpg

An S. 'Judith Hindle' clump coming back like a phoenix from the ashes.

Last edited:
sweet set up! Your sarrs and other plants look happy in there. :)

btw that's the coolest utric shot I've evar seeen!

c00546.jpg

I haven't taken many pictures of my Drosera trays. Here's a D. mutifida f. extrema leaf just starting to branch out.

Now for the real stuff:

c00549.jpg

A newer N. maxima "dark" x talangensis pitcher with an N. 'Peter D'Amato' x maxima tendril.

c00551.jpg

A newer N. thorelli x campanulata pitcher looks out-of-place with its red leaves.

c00553.jpg

There was a carpet moss infestation in my Cephalotus pot. Therefore, I pulled off the entire top covering and replaced it with fresh sphagnum. The carpet moss was choking out the new growth, so the plant was growing over itself. Hopefully it's more comfortable now.

c00554.jpg

An H. nutans that's quite comfortable with full sun, low humidity, and sitting in water.

c00555.jpg

An N. glabrata with looooooong tendrils. :awesome:

c00556.jpg

A furry little N. macrophylla. Note the size of the regular-grade perlite for scale.

c00557.jpg

Need I say anything more except "cute"?

c00558.jpg

A nice seedgrown N. dubia.

c00561.jpg

My odd-looking clone of N. inermis that originated at Borneo Exotics.

c00562.jpg

You all know what this is. It's a Clone 4 from Andreas Wistuba as well.

c00571_001.jpg

A seedgrown N. smilesii with a basal shoot.

c00578.jpg

c00577.jpg

My little N. aristolochioides.

c00568.jpg

A Texan S. alata that consistently makes flowers that look like this. Curled petals and sharp edges.

c00581.jpg

And the grand finale, my S. oreophila [a].

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

A raccoon, may have access to your plants much the same way that you can. I'd find a way to secure that flap.

I have locks on that are key-opened on the flap. Thankfully, I haven't had issues with raccoons, but if they shall come, they won't be able to get in.

Last edited:
Very Nice Mr. Lew! I've been looking forward to this moment, and now that I have you where I want you I can finally do what I've always wanted to do! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Congratulate you on a great job. I love the N. aristolochioides. N. hamata, N. macrophylla (same size as mine :D), The U. Reniformis, and so much more. Well worth the wait :)

Quite the collection, Clue! I would've never guessed that plant as a N. inermis... it's too colorful ;) :D

Must be nice! I'd do the same thing here, if it didn't just snow yesterday.

Love the extrema pic!

Quite the collection, Clue! I would've never guessed that plant as a N. inermis... it's too colorful ;) :D

Apparently, when Arthur Yin and friends went to Sumatra, they saw pure red inermis lowers. So I still have hope that that's an inermis. :p

Very nice collection!

Apparently, when Arthur Yin and friends went to Sumatra, they saw pure red inermis lowers. So I still have hope that that's an inermis. :p

Woah - now that I gotta see! Has Arthur Yin published the photos anywhere? :0o:

Very nice. I'm having problems with crows. I was finding pots dug up and sometimes peanuts (in the shell) in the pots. I finally saw a crow digging around in them. I can't screen off my balcony so I put a bunch of bamboo skewers sticking out of my pots. Sort of like the old Punji stick booby traps used so effectively in jungle warfare. It remains to be seen if it will work.

Woah - now that I gotta see! Has Arthur Yin published the photos anywhere? :0o:

Not that I know of. He didn't have pictures of the inermis lowers during his talk; so we had to make do with his shot of inermis uppers. :p

Last edited:
Wow nice setup! I really like em all and they are doing good. It's too bad that your aristolochioides was the only survivor from that batch, but it looks to be doing good.

Oh, Clue! :love:
Your entire collection is just pure...SPECTACULAR!!!

Great pictures of some very nice plants! Thanks for sharing.

Me want! :0 Good growing. I especially love your nepenthes inermis.:banana2:

No more pictures? :(

Back