What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have some amazing plants there. The effort you have put in shows. Just wondering if I might submit a request and ask for a long shot of the grow space (tank) as a whole, just so we can see the whole effect coming together. Love your idea of the air garden. Have done this myself in two tanks and one some suspended logs in my dragon tank (pogo minor).

Hey! Amazing plants! Quick question- what does it take to grow the sphagnum on the branch like that?

5713024789_af85a5831a_z.jpg

Regarding the sphagnum on the branch. I basically placed a wad of dead LFS and planted it with live lfs. Then I just kept watering it regularly. I haven't moved the branch in over an year, so I am unsure about the security. I don't remember if I tied it down or not. But you can tie it down to be sure. :)

Last edited:
Here is a better pic in the above post.

5713024789_af85a5831a_z.jpg

Regarding the sphagnum on the branch. I basically placed a wad of dead LFS and planted it with live lfs. Then I just kept watering it regularly. I haven't moved the branch in over an year, so I am unsure about the security. I don't remember if I tied it down or not. But you can tie it down to be sure. :)

very very nice v!
B

(gentle nudge.... youre still holding back :p )

Nice pics...Great collection

A couple of new pics..

I was thinking about cutting off these broms...but couldn't do it. Looks soo cool....hanging in mid air. :p

The mother plant clearly died as u can see...just took off all the foliage.

5872826553_f6a91355ec_z.jpg

5872828887_28145b5018_z.jpg

This is my beautiful brom branch ...the sad news is that the center bromeliad is flowering...that means that it will be dying soon. Unfortunately it hasn't put out any pups either. :( Also note the single humboldtii leaf in the rossette.

check out this osmunda...my fav fern..I love the leaf form

5872835085_5733ff5c9f_z.jpg

5872877073_9092d370e9_z.jpg

This is a rabbits foot fern that I took out of its old pot. Man! The whole thing was just roots....just black roots...I couldn't even find half of the media. lol

Deep in the background u see the tree fern (Cyoptheris Australis ) (sp.) and a norfolk pine beside it.

Very nice Varun! I like those plants in the background, I find broms like to go all over the place and make new shoots, some have really interesting growth habits.

Thnx.....yeah..broms are nice. Unfotunately i need to limit myself to small ones.

Your terrariums are absolutely stunning! You've done a fantastic job with them!

Thanks man. :) ALthough...not everything flourishes in it. I am pretty sure perhaps it has to do with the lack of lighting in those shaded areas..so still working on it...but for the most part...my plants seem to be finally settling into the tank environment.

Your broms look sweet in that set up

Very nice collection, eh . . .

thnx guys.

Back