What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff that looks good in my terrarium

Hello everyone!

Here are some pictures of what's lookin' good in my terrarium right now. Something not shown is my N. aristolochioides, which I've been struggling with for months, is pitchering! But it is still too small to take pictures of with my crummy camera.

P. 'Florian'
P5190972.jpg

P. 'Pirouette'
P5190973.jpg

N. gracilis (not sure of the subspecies or variety, any ideas?)
IMG00009-20110514-1655.jpg

P5190980.jpg

N. ventricosa
P5190982.jpg

N. alata, biggest pitcher to date
P5190981.jpg

H. pulchella
P5190988.jpg

C. follicularis
P5190979.jpg

nice lookin plants there! I keep telling myself I should try a ping...

Nice stuff :)
Whats that ping in the nep pot in the back ?

That is also a P. 'Florian,' a left over from a lighting experiment. Because its grown in the live LFS, its in a semi-winter growth state.

N. gracilis (not sure of the subspecies or variety, any ideas?)
IMG00009-20110514-1655.jpg

What is the plant on the far left in this picture? I've seen it in a number of terrariums, does it serve any purpose or just look cool? ^^

CreatureTom: You mean the spanish moss?

CreatureTom: If you do mean the spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), it just looks cool. I dont think it liked being watered with distilled water, so I've put it outside for the summer and it looks a lot better.

Yes I do, I thought it might help with humidity or something ^^ certainly looks cool though!

No ssp. or variety needed for the gracilis. There are only two variations.. nigropurpurea, and typical. Yours.. is typical. ;)
Nice looking tank you've got going on there.

Update

I was taking pictures yesterday for my own records, and figured I might as well update this a little bit.

My P. 'Florian' keeps looking better and better! Here it is, enjoying a little blood-worm meal

P7181140.jpg

My N. aristolochioides with some coloration on the pitchers.

P7181142.jpg

A recent graduate of my terrarium and now hanging in the vegetable garden with my other larger nepenthes hybrids, N. alata

P7181146.jpg

close up

P7181151.jpg

Thank you all for looking!

They look great! :-D

I don't update enough about things going well....

D. pulchella x nitidula growing in a pot with my P. x 'Florian'
IMG_0054.jpg

N. (spathulata x spectrabilis) x albomarginata 'Sunset' (showing a liiiiittle of the albomarginata there!)
IMG_0020.jpg

(This one was removed from the terrarium for the picture)

H. minor I got this summer, just chugging along, nothing spectacular yet.
IMG_0167.jpg

And lastly, the perpetually blooming, and ubiquitously growing, U. sandersonii (focus a little off)
IMG_0022.jpg

(I have some others, but I didn't take them to put here, and I'm getting frustrated with editing out the vendor names on the ID cards. I'll have to retake those, so, more later)

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Okay, so, yeah, over view of my little terrarium...
IMG_0176.jpg

Close up of D. capensis, and there are a few D. filiformis 'Florida All Red' in there too, growing in the moss around my mexican pings.
IMG_0178.jpg

N. sanguinea's newest pitcher, which is pretty red, hiding in the back!
IMG_0179.jpg

Thank you for looking!
-CJ

yeah after looking at your ping i am going to have to give them a try. That last photo of yours look great.

Where did you get the N. gracilis? I'd love to try one, just because it's little and not commonly grown.

Nice collection!

Where did you get the N. gracilis? I'd love to try one, just because it's little and not commonly grown.

That N. gracilis came from the NECPS' plant show a few years back. A local grower had a bunch of cuttings for $5 each, couldn't resist. Didn't catch his name, though. It's a very easy species to grow, and I hear it does even better if you stick it in a LL conditions.

Lookin' good!

These aren't in my terrarium per se, but they are mine, and they do look good...

N. alata and N. x 'Miranda' gettin pretty big.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

note to self: Do everything possible to give plants natural sunlight.

Back