User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to build a DIY grow rack/greenhouse. Lots of questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both the t5 ho and cfls with my grow chamber and the cfls put out noticeably more heat than the t5s but they also put out more light so it's kind of a trade on what you're looking for. I'm using 2 105 watt cfls that were initially in the grow chamber but I decided to move outside and above it because they were heating it too much and dropping humidity below what I wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    def not the 4 teir rack....either you will run out of room or it will fall apart at the seams not soon after purchase.
    I started with a 4 teir rack my collection expanded and the rack didnt lol so i got this one for indoors that i use now, granted the stitching came undone as well jsut by the zipper not the main cover but its much more spatious and not bad for the price...http://www.amazon.com/Petras-Quality...8009931&sr=8-8

The plus side with this one is you can fit 4' t5s in it wich put out more than the 2' models that would only fit in the grow rack models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just figured i'd toss up a little update...

So I have my rack set up, I went with one of these:

And for light, got one of these Sunlight Supply ReadyFit T-5 fixture, with GE Starcoat bulbs.

And I also ordered a roll of Mylar from Sunlight Supply while I was at it.. Just waiting for the lights to come in at my work either today or tomorrow, and I should be ready to roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a very good start......never have tried mylar.....some growers swear by it but ive never used it....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard good things about mylar... lots of debate on other grow sites about mylar vs. flat white "panda film" but they both give a good performance boost. If you ever have issues with temperature, you can get some foamboard (or hard foam insulation, swords is experimenting with that stuff) and wrap the mylar over it to make pretty effective insulation. It also helps make the mylar a little more manageable and less prone to tearing - not to mention, if you have fans going or whatever, it keeps the mylar from flapping around and making that annoying oscillating noise.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont doubt that, the science behind why it would work makes perfect sense to me.....but as stated elsewhere, i am a lazy grower and ive just never tried the stuff as i have gotten satisfactory results without it....

in other words it aint exactly needed but sure cant hurt especially for high light plants....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont uze mylar i actually use those things u put in the car windshield to blcok the sun......i figureed its designed to blcok uv lights from entering your car and keep it safe so it should reflect them back and forth and well it does what a difference in growth rates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    I've heard good things about mylar... lots of debate on other grow sites about mylar vs. flat white "panda film" but they both give a good performance boost. If you ever have issues with temperature, you can get some foamboard (or hard foam insulation, swords is experimenting with that stuff) and wrap the mylar over it to make pretty effective insulation. It also helps make the mylar a little more manageable and less prone to tearing - not to mention, if you have fans going or whatever, it keeps the mylar from flapping around and making that annoying oscillating noise.
    ~Joe
    Yeah I was planning on using the styrofoam as well, just have to go drop by a Lowes or something and grab a few sheets. liked that idea, and how you can mount fans directly in the foam...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast