Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GE Starcoat T5 bulbs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.... so sounds like it'd be the same routine.. Except different spectrums since for reef tanks they concentrate purely on blue and white, although lately some companies are starting to add RBG bulbs. One of the guys in my shop also works for an LED lab/development company so I get snippets from that trade from him. lol. Trying to educate myself more. I had a MaxSpect brand LED light fixture over my reef tank for quite a while, and we use them here in the shop too.. I just don't know how I feel about them yet... Still alot of R&D needs to be done before i'd rely on them...

Do you have any recommendations on LED fixtures for plants?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah.... wait another 5 yrs :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I hear that. Yeah that's been my thought for a while now. I think i'll just hold onto my cookies and wait.

So back to fluorescents, for sundews, pitchers and neps, 2 - 4ft 54w bulbs about 12" away close/far enough? Well, given the distance the light hangs, and hieght of the plants, it would probably be more like 6-8" distance between top of plant and bulbs, on a 12" tall shelf. But I was thinking about using one of those yo-yo light hangers so I can adjust the lamp hieght accordingly, without having to mess with shelf hieght.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no one distance.... helis and sundews need to be the closest, cephs and pings next and finally neps.

You can play with the intensity but putting something under some pots, spacing them up or by putting the plants with higher light demands more centered in the rack etc etc

You will just have to experiement...you will probably find the need for air flow to keep temps down. Then this reduces humidity which may then need to be supplimented

No one size fits all rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its more I wanted to figure out which plants needed the most light, and if the two bulbs would be enough.

As for cooling, I've been thinking about that. I just tossed up a new post about it actually. lol. Feel free to pitch in your 2 cents there as well. I really appreciate the help.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should look at this thread...

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heeyyyy I like that styro wall idea. Sure makes installing fans an whatnot easier. Thanks! I'll read through that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12