What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T5 bulbs

• Thread starter pappydew
  • Start date

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Just curious what good T5 bulbs for CPs are out there, especially ones that wont break the bank. Looking to replace both a 24", 24w (HO) and a 30", 18w (NO) bulb.

Anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

Most any 4100k to 6500k with a CRI of 85 or better will do decent, in those sizes your not likely to find a wide assortment to choose from.

I use Sunblaster HO T5's. They are cheap enough and put out a good amount of light. Ive also heard good things about GE bulbs.

Most any 4100k to 6500k with a CRI of 85 or better will do decent, in those sizes your not likely to find a wide assortment to choose from.

I figured

I use Sunblaster HO T5's. They are cheap enough and put out a good amount of light. Ive also heard good things about GE bulbs.

Thanks, will definitely look into those!

http://genet.gelighting.com/LightProducts/Dispatcher?BreadCrumbValues=Lamps_Linear%20Fluorescent^Plant&PRODUCTCODE=49891&REQUEST=COMMERCIALSPECPAGE&SearchFieldCode=null

This is what I am using right now. My previous bulb was an experiment. I used to have a bearded dragon and decided to set up a small 10 gallon terrarium with neps and a small heli, a division of Butch's a matter of fact, and it was working great. It was a very expensive reptile bulb though. When it went, I decided to look around and see what I could find cheaper. I picked this bulb up at Walmart for $6.27. So far it looks good. This light is a much more natural color as the temp is 3100k instead of the 6500k the reptile bulb was. I have no info on the previous bulb except it was a t12 like this one, and it was supposed to be full spectrum made by tetra terrafauna. It cost like $18.99. As long as this new bulb works good, I'll be happy. The new one has a CRI of 90, so it should work. What do you think Butch for a 10 gallon with some HL neps and a division of your heli het x minor? I have all sides foiled so they reflect the light around.

Was that link directed towards me? I ask because I am looking for T5 bulbs and that clearly is a T12...actually, was that post at all directed towards me?

try criegs list I always see cheap t5s listed in the farm and garden section

I purchased the fixtures with lamps (two each), electrical cord and plug ends from my local Home depot. Replaced one of the "red" bulbs with some nice 6500k I got from my local Grow Shop.
A two foot, two lamp setup runs around $35.00 all said and done.

I already have the fixtures themselves but one bulb has burned out after about 2 years of use and the other came with the other fixture and just isn't the right spectrum or look...

your local Cannabis Grow Shop shoulod have the bulbs in stock, or can order them for you.
I looked on-line for some and found the nice GE brand I wanted....but I would have to buy an entire case of 24 lamps, that is just not in my budget.

LOL not sure I will be looking into those but I thought about trying some Hydroponics shops in the area if that is what you meant ;)

Back