Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mass - I found typical pretty easily.

@rob - If you ever want to trade, or divuldge your source. Just shoot me a PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coolio plants!
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dashman Yeh Hopefully this guy will reach a good propagating size. When I have extra plants, I will definitely giveaway and spread the unique qualities of this plant!

@Hamata-Honzo Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been getting some pretty bad mold on every wet pot... It's even worse on new seedling pots! What is up with this horrible mold? Bad circulation? Even when I spray with Neem it comes back! If it's bad circulation, I'm thinking of getting these.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2-INCH-COO...item588fdd73ac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten this on my clay pots as well with my cactus collection at times. A local nursery owner told me that its a type of mold/fungus thats in the pores of the pot. He told me when I buy a clay pot or even an old pot thats been standing around to clean it up and soak it in water with a little amount of bleach for about a day so it can soak into the pores of the pot. Then rinse it well and let it soak in plain water for a day. Let it completely dry then o.k. to use. I started doing that and even repotted some plants in pots with that problem. So far after a year I haven't had any problems again with that white mold/fungus. I've had no ill effects on my plants but I haven't used a pot following this for CP's so I don't know if there would be any effects to the CP plant. The nursery owner said can also use a strong fungicide instead of bleach. I figured the bleach should kill anything so thats why I used it instead. My pots are outside so I don't know if because of the air circulation it never came back. All my CP's that are in pots are in plastic containers.

On the same note, I've also had some clay pots get this but come to find out it wasn't mold/fungus. It was the salt and other minerals that was seeping through the pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Joel!! You don't know how frustrating it is when you check the next day and you find your Ceph. Seedlings covered in white mold!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome Rob. Something I've ran into also that did this was a bad batch of peat I've used. After about two days, with no plants in it, I had a white mold that started up. After dumping the entire bag, I found small portions of peat inside the bad had this. I immediately returned it to the nursery and complained....got another bag which turned out to be o.k. In a situation like this its hard to determine whats causing it. So far this is three different situations that can cause it....already in the pores of the pot, salt and minerals seeping through, infected potting mix. And yes poor circulation can cause mold to start up. It will be frustrating but I hope you find a solution to stop it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mentor says that mold on the pots is step one in creating a nice moss covering.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast